Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just when I thought I was doing great

libby724llibby724 Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had my 3 level ACDF in January and was doing wonderfully all of a sudden the past 3 days I have had pain in and around my right shoulder blade. The weird thing is is that it is on the right side and I have have always had pain on the left side and that was where my surgery was done..

Anyone have this happen to them or have any idea what can be going on. On top of this I am going out of town tomorrow and of course I have no pain meds to take. I plan on calling my surgeon on Monday but was just wondering what this could be!

Having a real bad day...

Thanks for listening....

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    8 months post ACDF you have to assume that everything is ok there. Having some pain in the shoulder blades generally does indicate som type of cervical problems. Does not mean it has to be another disc, but at times we can do too much or put our necks in a certain position that can create those problems.
    For instance, my ACDFs were done by 2000. This past Fall, we were in Italy and while visiting one of the museums in Rome ( Villa Bogesshi - highly recommend) there were murals on the ceiling. I was looking at the them, and for the next two days, I had pain at the base of my neck and in my shoulder blades. Sometimes, it is the little things that can cause discomfort.
    The thing to make sure of, is how long this pain continues... A couple of days is probably a minor flare up, but when it lingers, keep an eye on it.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My shoulders have all sorts of muscle problems and the shoulder blades have knots all around.
    Weekly massage is gradually teasing them out, but it's a LONG slow process.
  • I had a horrible muscle spasm on the opposite side of my usual shoulder pain. I would breathe and wanted to die. When I went to PM doc he gave me Soma and it helped. I also had heat on it until I could see him. I hope you are feeling better now.

• My right pec muscle is contracted and pulls the shoulder up, making it sore all the time. Gradually spreads to the neck.
    Just get one are a sorted and another one goes bad.
    Seems never ending.
    Driving makes me bad and I did a bit the other day, about 11/2 hours. Paying for it now.
This discussion has been closed.