Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A big thankyou to everyone

immyaliimmyali Posts: 399
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
for their amazing support and kind words, i've only been a member for a short time and I can see already how amazingly supportive and caring this website is. I've already made a firm friend out of it.
I have 16 hours until my ALIF surgery and I have to say i've never been so nervous for any of my previous surgeries as I am with this one. I keep feeling the need to say proper goodbyes to everyone not just see you in a week or so, I know it's melodramatic but this one has serious risks attached.

Any way thanks again and i'll post when I return and keep supporting people here as you've all supported me.

• we will be looking forward to hearing from you in a week. i am marking it on my calendar
    good luck...pete
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,835
    I am very happy and pleased that your time on Spine-Health has been good to you. I hope that as you continue to stay here, you will find more and more support, answers and online friends.
    I started here three years ago and it is amazing the amount of help, support and information I have gained. Plus on intangible, the online members that you may never see face to face are there for you day in and day out
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I will be thinking of you as you approach your surgery. I look forward to hearing from you and that you are doing well.
  • I just have surgery about 3 weeks ago. The night before was harder than the days after. It is a slow healing process but having this forum has helped me tons! Good thoughts going your way!
  • iv been out for four weeks today . i also had those feelings but you will be ok ill say a prayer for you . no need to say bye , well see you and hear of your succses and waiting for you. the day before was the worst for me i cried alot, but the day of a feeling of calmnest came over me. ill hope that for you also. post when you can well be here. renee heres a angel for you she'll watch over you! O:)
  • good luck and we all look forward to seeing you back!! <:P take care and follow the doctor's orders!!! :D we are thinking of you!! =D> Jenny :)
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I think everyone goes through all these emotions soon before surgery. I know I always have. (No back surgery though) I'm sure you'll be fine and will be back posting soon to help others through the same feelings you're having now.
    I hope that the surgery goes well and that you have a smooth recovery.

• I was scared also, every time I went The last time being the 30th of July,But I have to say that the spiney friends I have met here are truly a blessing, I had more prayers and gaurdian angels with me than I knew what to do with, I too wish you the best of luck and remember we are here for you when you get home , and now that you are hooked on this web site as the rest of us are ,we know you will keep us updated as to your progress, I am sending you all the angels that went with me, all you have to do is relax and let them guide you, when you are finished and get back to us you must pass them to the next person going that is scared, it is sort of like the pay it forward system. Good luck and dont forget to let us hear from you. We will all be praying for you.
  • you couldnt have said it better....by the way i think immiali has heart valve condition because he had previous post that asked if anyone had both heart and spine problems...thats why h/she is more apprehensive so we need to bring out the heavyweight prayers. ......pete
  • and this is part of my fear, as it's an aortic valve problem so my aorta is enlarge etc. It just scares me that's all i'm sure i'll be fine. Especially with all the angels and prayers i've received.

Thanks for all your well wishes, we'll be leaving home in 20 mins for the 3 hour drive, i'll check in when I return.

All the best

P.S. It's she Pete, my real name is Kylie :)
  • if drs give you the ok they think youll be ok .....do well....pete