Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My favorite beach.....

marirlpnmmarirlpn Posts: 1,028
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Water Cooler
Hi everyone,

Went to Wells beach yesterday evening to cool off, but can't walk on that beach anymore due to leg and back pain, so went across the way to the Drake's Island side, sat on the jetty and watched the boats go by. Some pics:

Best wishes to you all,

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,835
    I have two favorite beaches, but sadly none with any current photos.
    Growing up on Long Island, NY.. I spent so many days at Jones Beach. On the South side of Long Island right up against the Atlantic. From West End 2 east out toward the Hamptons, there are miles of beaches.
    White granular sand and clean rough surf.

My second favorite beach (which hopefully we will be going in November) is Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida

We live on a lake, largest man made in the Northeast (Candlewood - they flooded 3 towns back in 1930 to create the lake for Hydroelectric power)
    I love it, we boat in it as much as possible....
    But its fresh water, Not good ole Sea Salt Water
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My husband wants a boat sooooooooo bad. Seeing the boats last night made him crazy, lol! I'll have to remember about Siesta Key. Hope to go to FL this winter for a snow break.

TC and HAGD!

has been in the top 10 beaches of the world, for the past three years that the Travel Channel has been keeping watch on beautiful beaches.
  • I love the pictures. I have never heard of those beaches. I love the beach too. We go to Fort Walton in Florida. We were supposed to go September 4th. But I am in such pain that I don't think I can make the trip.
    I can't fly because of panic attacks. Sure would hate to get in the air and that happen.
  • I live far inland but my heart belongs to the beach. The prettiest one I've been to was in the Cayman Islands where the water was turquoise but clear and the sand was white.
  • meydey I second that! The Cayman Islands are by far my favorite! Water so clear it looked 3 feet deep but was more like 50.
  • Havent been down lately but i four wheeled my naughtydodge down around 50-60 miles or so, the water got clear and blue-r. need to get another wagon to trek with...SOOOON!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Is one covered by trash and waste.

My favorite? Who could really choose just one?

Grand Caymens are indeed grand.

There is a black sand beach on the big island near its southern tip. Has some lava cliffs around it, a water spout and even has black crabs running around!

isle de'saints (SP?) in the carribean has some gorgeous beaches to.

I sit here and wonder, did I ever for a minute in my youth think I would have seen these places and more?

Florida, Alaska, California, Hawaii, North Carolina (last week), Washington State, Mexico and more.

A picture may be worth a thousand words, the warm sand between your toes is worth much more.
  • Those beaches sound wonderful! I do love the Caribbean. I've been to St. Croix and St. Martin. Someday I'd love to check out St. John.

Best to you,

• Marianne, St.John is just beautiful but be sure you have reservations for your room before you get there. #:S it is a small island and not alot of bedding space.. other than that, the water is clear, the sand is white and it is a gorgeous place.. :D plenty of little hide-a-ways for an intimate get-together.. lovely palm trees around the water and touches of color lent by flowers everywhere. i hope you make it one day! i love the Caribbean myself as well. :X so many fantastic places to see and be in!! =D> Jenny :)
  • I love the beach...it is so relaxing to listen to the waves! The breeze,sunshine, and wonderful lazy beach bum days! Of course, in the good old days it was much more fun to boogie board the great waves with my kids! Search for seashells,sharks teeth and other sea treasures or snorkel! Oh, the wonderful memories of the beach!

My favs would be any beach in Oahu! I went once and it truly was paradise! I must get well enough to go visit my son stationed there and enjoy the island at least one more time!

In the meantime, Daytona Beach, Treasure Island, Madiera beach, Venice, Cocoa....many beaches of Fl are my favorites! We have a family resort we have been going to for 20 yrs.in Daytona Beach...great fun with heated indoor pool, outdoor pool w/60 ft. waterslide, hot tub, games like pool side bingo and kids activities all fun and free, just steps down to the beach, perfect for family fun or couples!

Great post...thanks!I'm dreaming of walking the beach and enjoying the beautiful sunset!

• Favorite beach: any sandy beach in the heat of the summer day. I grew up on South Cape Beach on Cape Cod. Six miles of pure white sand....yum!

You say yum, lol. Did you eat the sand as a kid??!!?? Just joking with you.

So we grew up fairly close to each other. I grew up on the South Shore near Plymouth. Got too crowded for me down there, now in peaceful Maine in a town of 1400. I get anxiety attacks every time I drive down that way to see family, lol.

Those rays would have freaked me out too!

Best to you,

• I'll take fresh water anytime. When I was a kid we used to go to Rangely Lakes and Mount Blue St. Park (ME). When we moved here to NC got a house about 5 miles from a lake. Bought a boat and spent summers on the water with the kids.

Seen most of the coast of Maine, some of NH, MA, RI, FL east coast, Daytona, Miami Beach, couple of years in Key West, west coast FL near St. Pete's, some of NC coast, some of CA coast near Huntington and Malibu. I'd trade them all off for a lake in the mountains. ME and NC mountains are beautiful. Many areas are still untouched by man and still remain natural. most coastline beaches are tourist traps. It's a shame.
  • I love the Rangeley Lake area and Mt. Blue. They are about 2 hours north of where I live now. If I had to choose between living at beach and living near a lake, the lake would win.

Take care,

Its a beautiful man made lake. In 1928, they decided to clear out some land and two towns, damn up one end and then flood it. That is my water haven. Only problem is that it is fresh water.
    I grew up with Salt water in my hair and nose. I swam most of every beach starting from Brooklyn all the way out to Montauk point. Salt in the air is one thing I do miss so much
    Ah Jones Beach, All white sand, Clean powerful surf...