Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What to do next

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Chronic Pain
I'm new to this forum and hope I can get some direction here.

About six years ago I started suffering chronic pain. It feels like I have the flu all the time. Muscles, joints, ache, back, neck. etc. Some days are worse than others.

When I was first looked at by a doctor at the Grady Clinic in Atlanta (where I lived at the time), I was told they thought I was in the early stages of rheumatoid arthritis, a couple of years later another doctor told me I had fybromalgia, and then most recently another I had "Chronic fatigue syndrome."

The only medications they have had me on, during this time, have been anti-depressants (can't spell them so won't try here), anti-inflammatory meds (most recently prednisone) and a host of other minor medications.

The only pain med they have had me on is tramadol. Tramadol seem to help some in the beginning but then quit.

I have tried to take lyrica (had a bad reaction to it) and muscle relaxers,which make me feel like my skin in crawling and I feel worse when taking them.

The only thing I have not had is any kind of narcotic. Now, I want to try a narcotic approach since nothing else works. However, I live in NW TN and there seems to be a total war on against any one needing or desiring to try any type of narcotic.

I don't know what to do at this point. Nothing I'm doing works.

I don't drink alcohol, have no history of drug abuse and don't understand why I can't find a doctor willing to test this method with me.

My other problem is I don't have insurance and my funds are limited, but I'm at the end of my rope. I am so desperate that if I kne where to look I would go to the black market. But, then I might have even more problems.

I am open to suggestions. Thank you for your consideration and input.

PS: I've been to chiropractor's as well, to no avail.

This discussion has been closed.