Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here I go again

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was in a car accident in Feb. I was told I had whiplash. Last Aug I had c5-c6 afdc done for shoulder pain. I felt great until the accident. Now I have herniation c4-c5 and c6-c7. Also my neck is shifted wierd, that has showed up on all xrays and mri. the doctor says he doesn't now why. My doctor wont say it because of the accident. Had EMG no permanet damamge which is good. Feel like crap. The doctor wants me to have the shots again or phycial theraphy to see if it helps. It is like reliving a bad dream again.

• I had the EXACT thing happen. Well, except for the ACDF surgery and all that, but other than that...

I had been receiving treatment for 'sciatica' - had the ESIs without good relief. Then the RF. Now, the RF did actually aleve a good bit of my pain.

THEN, I was rear-ended. Like you, my PM doc did not want to attribute my continued (and increasing) pain on the MVA. So, I settled for the policy limits.

THEN, roughly 5 months later, I had the hemilami done at the L5/S1 level. And boy, did I feel GREAT after that simple procedure. Too bad I waited so long. Unlike you, I DO have permanent nerve damage to my right leg. bummer! I am glad you have been more fortunate than I in that regard.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this all over again. Wishing you much success in that regard....