Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Destructive Lession T2 to T7

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
During the many test to diagnosis my cervical disc problems as the cause of the pain between my shoulder blades and eventually all of my left arm and hand my doctor suggested I have the Prestige Disc Replacement at C5-6 even though the levels above and below were questionable.

But something that has never been addressed due to all the surgery and complications was the CT-Scan and X-Rays showed what the report said was a Destructive Lesion on my T-Spine from T2 down to T7.

Some further test were done and this mass was labeled as maybe scar tissue but no definitive answer. I tried no to worry about it because my neck pain and left shoulder, arm and hand from failed ADR pretty much consume my day trying to find help in getting pain relief and what appears to be the only solution: Fusion of C5 - C7.

The studies were ordered on my T-Spine in the first place because in addition to neck & arm pain I also had severe pain in my mid back when I stood or sat to long. This was in addition to what I knew were separate issues of my herniated disc in my neck and the abnormal findings in my T-Spine studies. They found a Destructive Mass and found many large bone spurs along with the disc space in the same area as the growth or mass was bone on bone and that surely had to cause pain.

I became more concerned about this possible mass or maybe tumor when my surgeon wanted a Mylegram before consenting to do fusion on my neck and the weird complications during the test.

I have had several Mylegrams in the past so I know what is supposed to happen. This Mylegram was a very difficult one for the radiologist to perform. Now I told him that he would have to inject above my 4 level lumbar fusion of my lower back due to massive scar tissue. He thought he did start higher at about 6 inches above the fusion area. What should have taken 5 minutes to push the needle into the spine fluid took over 45 minutes.

Then once the test began the primary target was my Cervical Spine so he tilted the table down so the gravity would allow the dye to flow down to my head and light up my C-Spine but he could not get the dye to move past the T6 & T7 area.

He asked again if I had any procedures done in that area of my back and of course I said no, only my low back. But I did inform him about the mysterious so called Destructive Tissue or Lesion found a month ago on my T-spine Film Studies.

He seemed concerned and frustrated with my messed up spine and feared he would not get any dye in the C-Spine for the Test. But after 40 minutes on the table with my head tilted far enough down that all the blood in my body was going to my head, he was shaking and rocking my body back and forth to get a little dribble of dye in the C-Spine area for the test to be done. He said he had never encountered such a weird patch of blockage in his 30 year career.

So I wanted to ask all of my good friends here: what could a Destructive Lesion or growth be if not scar tissue? And if the 1st report put it on the outside on my spine why did my Radiologist have such a hard time getting the fluid to flow up to my spine (or down in my case)? It seems to indicate to me that whatever this Mass, Tumor or scar tissue growth is it is also inside the spinal canal as well as outside or what else could cause such problems with the dye flow?

All of my doctors have blown this issue to the side and don't seem to be to concerned about this for now. But I am concerned because I lost 2 friends about my age to cancer that began on their spines and it started with pain in the middle of their back between the shoulder blades just like me.

Doctors told my friends initially nothing to worry about but as time went on the pain became much more worse and they both began to feel ill which was not normal, they were big tuff hard working guys like me, 6'4" 280 no fat.

Eventually they did a bone scan on each and found the spots or mass to be cancer and it had spread to many other parts of their bodies. They were both dead within 6 months. So trying not to let that influence me and make me worry I want to know what anyone else's experience has been with something like this and what should I do? Demand a Bone Scan? and further Testing and maybe a biopsy? Look forward to you help.

• You are so nervous about this that it is in your best interest to find out what they saw, therefore, this should be your doctor's concern to alleviate any fears you have. I would insist that they review those films with you and that they investigate further. You have the right to know.

Keep us posted.

Best to you,