Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

June 30th Laminectomy

Jamie23JJamie23 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Wow! thats all i can say. I had no idea that this is how others feel, without pain. The op whent great Doc said i had a very very tight canal and he couldnt believe that at the begining of all this i actually walked into his office (not crawled lol). I stayed one night in the hospital and was up walking that next morning ofter the op. I have very bad nerve damage so my legs have a hard time "falling asleep" at night, but fortunatly we found a medication that helps calm them down at night and i wont have to be on it the rest of my life YAY ... only a few months then im done. Im just so excited that something has worked finally! Im hopeing to be released back to work on september 1st ... we will see, if anyone has any questions please ask! It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that i was going to have back surgery and 23 but it was the best thing for me. I still have some pains and not everything is perfect but i would rather take a bad day like this than the way i was before. thanks for reading and i wish everyone the best!

• so happy that you are happy. it seems like there has been a lot of good news lately on sh. and you are part of it. follow docs orders and feel good you can enjoy life again....pete
  • I've noticed that most posts regarding laminectomies pertain to lumbar laminectomies. Just an interesting observation on my part.

I had a cervical laminectomy this past April. The doctor told me I have a narrower than normal cervical spinal canal. I had been experiencing pain for nearly 3 years before doctors found the source in my neck.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you all.

Ken GreyEagle
  • I had a partial laminectomy on my neck and it worked just fine.