Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Heard Popping Sound, Couldn't Move Neck

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Thank you for reading this.

Yesterday, I was drying my face off with a towel. When I pressed the towel up to my face, I heard a popping sound, which was immediately followed by pain in the right side of my neck and down my right shoulder.

I am taking ibuprofen and tylenol and icing it, and can only visit a doctor if I pay out of pocket.

I am scared I did something terrible.

What do you suppose has happened? I think what I am experiencing in my shoulder is neck spasms (they were pretty bad this morning, and don't feel too good even after the medicine.

I have had neck problems in the past; whiplash from a car accident, hyper flexible joints and ligaments that cause pain, I have a C1 (I think- the joint at base of skull) joint that gets stuck.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I am willing to put a doctor visit on my credit card if necessary.

• To be on the safe side I would make that appointment. Pain is a sign something is wrong. Until then what your taking may help a little. I wouldn't do any lifting or bending either. When I have my episodes I am to be in bed for 2 days resting that area. Then i increase activity very slowly.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.