Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tips for bone stimulator

gethealthyggethealthy Posts: 303
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am hating my bone stimulator! It causes huge spasms in my neck and upper back. I tried using it for the full 4 hours and then split my time 2 hrs/ 2 hrs. I a towel under the darn thing and that hasn't helped. I'm taking a day off so I have a pain free day. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. It's the cervical collar type.

• I called the manufacturer. The rep said small people are more likely to have issues with the cervical bone stimulator.

She said to split the 4 hours up one hour at a time. She suggested pinching the top of the device and then pulling out the sides so it's a bell shape. She said to use a recliner or set up pillows so I'm sitting back, put a towel under my neck so the device isn't on my neck ( I used a towel and a circle pillow) then put a pillow on my lap and rest the bottom of the device ( the device it's self) on the pillow on my lap so it doesn't tug on my shoulders.

I tried it and so far so good. I'm only one hour into it so I'll let you know how the whole day goes. She shared that I may have to wear this thing for 6 MONTHS! UGGG I hope I fuse before that!
  • This method has worked really well. I have minor shoulder cramps but not the "I want to die!" spasms I was having. I made 4 one hour sessions yesterday!
  • I had to stop my bone stimulator session Friday. My muscles went crazy! I actually had to take a muscle relaxant. I gave myself Saturday and Sunday off. I'm going to try to pinch the back differently. She must have meant to squeeze the space between the back whole part of the device so the back line is more narrow. I'll let you know how that goes Monday.
  • Okay. They had to have meant to squeeze the back space so the space is closer. It was so spread out that it did cause pain to my shoulders and neck. I have had success with the thinner back and spreading out the sides sort of flattening out the device so it doesn't cut into my muscles. IT WORKED!

I do sit with pillows behind me and a circle pill (the travel ones) around my head, a thick towel under the device and a pillow under the computer part of the devise to get the weight off my shoulders. I split up the time into 3 sessions so about an hour and 20 minutes each. I think I can do this!