Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Denial of coverage for 2 level ADR

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Health Insurance Issues
After being recommended for 2 level ADR - C5-C6, and C6-C7, was informed after multiple appeals that a 2 level ADR is experimental and not covered by AETNA insurance. Now one year passed and pain has increased significantly in arm and hand. Has anyone had similar experience with AETNA and was 2 level ADR approved? My only alternative now is to have a single level and hope that majority of pain in left side is minimized. Any comments on this appreciated as pretty frustrated.

advertisement

Comments

• Please have your surgeon appeal to the insurance company for further review. He may need to do what is called 'peer to peer' review. Where your surgeon talks to a Dr at the insurance co. Dont take the insurances word that this is not a covered benefit... >:D<
  • You may try to get ahold of the manufacture's rep in you area for the ADR surgeon is going to use. The surgeons office should have the number. You can also google it and find them as well. The maybe able to provide the data along with the surgeon's request to the insurance company. The rep does have a interest in getting two level ADR approved as the more that is done the more will be approved and he/she makes more money on the sale of them. Good luck keep us posted.
  • :? Much appreciated. Doc has had a peer to peer review after first appeal, no luck. No luck with rep either. Now my left arm and hand are numb and am tired of sleeping with my arm over my head.
    Go in for pre-op meeting this Tuesday to move forward and do single level ADR. Thanks again!
  • :? Much appreciated. Doc has had a peer to peer review after first appeal, no luck. No luck with rep either. Now my left arm and hand are numb and am tired of sleeping with my arm over my head.
    Go in for pre-op meeting this Tuesday to move forward and do single level ADR. Thanks again!
  • Could you update us as soon as possible. I am somewhat behind on the pain thing but my tingling and numbness are starting to terrify me....

Thanks!
advertisement