Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ready or not Monday is the Day!!!

ileneiilene Posts: 140
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
There have been so many crazy things going on, most of wish I blame my surgeons office on. But this weekend is going to be a time for me to relax. I took a xanaz this morning to help me accomplish my goad.

I have to be at the hospital at 6am, my surgery is at 7:30am. I am having my nails done at 11:30, and then meeting Mom for lunch. I went to see my Dad yesterday, he s still in rehab, but is doing great...

My friend Sue is taking my dog for a couple of days which is great. Mark and the girls are staying in a hotel near the hospital. My daughters are driving in to NY on Sunday, they are went to friends wedding this weekend. Kara took off a week from work to be with me, and Hayley is between jobs and said she will remain with me till I don't need any help. They are both occupational therapists, assured me that they have read up on all my can and can not does. Hayley joked with me and said by the end of the first week we should be able to walk the dog around the block. She knows how I walk him several times a day....that is my exercise and his treat.

Anyway, that is about it...will write to you all when I am able to....Keep me in your thoughts that all goes well and that I am one of the lucky ones who's PAIN WILL GO AWAY!!ilene

• Ilene,

You have done your research on this surgery and you will be just fine. You maybe surprised to find yourself not in that much pain. I see you are having c5-c6, are you using cadaver or your bone? They will have you up and walking that evening. It is very important to get the patient up and walking. I have used my bone on 2 occasions and was still walking several hours after surgery. The hip pain was much worse than neck incision. Sounds like you have a good support plan after the hospital and will have lots of help. With all of my surgeries walking was the only thing they wanted me to do. Matter of fact was given a walking program starting the day after surgery to be done outside of my normal daily task. I think your dog is going to be one happy pooch. The worst part of about cervical surgery is you start feeling better sooner and it is to easy to over due it. I think that is the biggest mistake I see people do. the restrictions are there for a reason. So listen to what your surgeons says and you should be fine. Don't be surprised if you wake with lots of muscle spasms and they are your biggest problem. It takes a bit for them to get unpissed from what just happened. Sometimes the other nerves like to play a little as well. Hang in there you will do great and before you know it this will all be behind you. Keep us posted on how you do. But do enjoy the weekend.
  • the big day has finally come and i want to wish you a successful procedure. i cant believe you will have nails done so quickly after the surgery. glad your dad doing well...he'll be out of rehab in what...3 weeks. youll be joining husband soon in the pool...best of luck....pete
  • Wish you all the best and a fast recovery!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • If you check this before surgery, best of luck. I'll say a prayer for you tomorrow. You are so lucky to have two wonderful girls to help you after surgery. Walking is very good, prevents blood clots, as I'm sure you know. Take it easy. Let us know how it goes when you can.

• All the best for a speedy recovery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • just wondering how it went....pete
  • and a speedy recovery! I am sure all is well! Please keep us updated with your progress!!~

• .... after she gets her nails done, she's going to lunch!!! hmmmmmmmmmm
    Ilene YOU GO!!! Good luck for a speedy recovery - take it easy!!!
    big HUG