Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in New Member Introductions
Im 37 i had aorto bi femoral bypass surgery on jun22,2009. They thought i was going to loose my right leg but they managed to save it. I now have foot drop and massive nerve pain in my right foot and calf. I never knew how bad something that you cant feel could hurt. I have stopped all my pain meds because i couldnt see any difference in the pain.
advertisement

Comments

• i really know nothing about your health condition but would be interested in hearing more detail. the big thing is we are both bothered by problems in our legs. you will learn a lot here on sh. also there are many people you will get to know. i'm glad they saved your leg...i guess we need to be thankful for what we do have....best to you....pete
  • I had P.A.D. my legs hurt when i walked any distance. my aorta and illiac arteries were 100% blocked. they had to do bypass surgery on me. I wish i would have found this site before my surgery i might have been a little more prepared for everything that is going on now.
  • hi again...did the dr tell you the bypass was successful? did you have any nerve damage before surgery. i sure feel bad you are in such pain and no relief from meds. do you have any support at home? just know that i hope you improve. i know a bit of what pain is and i do understand how you feel....pete
  • You are lucky to be here today! In time you will feel much better. My Uncle had the same symptoms, problems as you with PAD. He recovered and is doing well now. For the longest time he thought he had he couldn't walk because of arthritis, which runs in our family, but when he got so bad he went to the dr. he found himself in surgery ASAP! Like I said he is doing much better and I hope in time you will be too.

Kathy
  • thank you all. My surgery was a success. i went in for surgery that morning and when i came out it was about an housr then they had to take me back again for my right leg. i didnt haven any nerve damage before surgery but where my leg was without blood for so long they say that is what caused my damage. im hopeing that i will have a full recovory but at the same time just trying to learn to deal with everything. Thanks again for the incouragement. I do have help at home my husband and boys are a wonderful help. i couldnt make it with out them.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck as you move forward with your pain program.. :D stop by anytime! =D> Jenny :)
  • You have come to the right place for support. We may not be dealing with your exact same issues but most of us deal with chronic pain on a daily basis. Please keep us posted on your progress.
advertisement