Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI contrast agent, how safe is it?

AlekrowAAlekrow Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, I'm schedule for MRI w/contrast agent, how safe is it and where is the injection takes place?

• There is a rare chance of it being a problem. Can't say I have ever heard of someone having one. I just had my 4th MRI this past Thursday, with contrast. They inject it in your arm. Just like most anything they want in your blood stream. It doesn't hurt. Small sting on the needle. The fluid itself doesn't burn or cause an issue.

Most important thing to remember. Stay still!!! They will put you in the tunnel and do MRI. Then pull you out, inject contrast. Then put you back in the tunnel for the 2nd set of images. You need to not move during the whole time. That way the images from the 1st and 2nd pass line up.

Plan on about 40 minutes at least for the time on the table.

• C5 rupture, what line of curring be the best?
  • Alekrow said:
    C5 rupture, what line of curring be the best?
    Sorry I am a bit confused by your question. Could you please clarify.

• I had a mylogram last November and it went just fine. The hardest part for me was after I got home and had to lay flat on my back for the rest of the day except to eat and use the bathroom.

Good Luck!!