Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i'm back!

immyaliimmyali Posts: 399
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
I'm finally home after my ALIF L5/S1 last Monday. Spent 7 days in hospital, 3 1/2 hour drive home was a trial but we made it.
It was great to see my beautiful girls and husband again.
The pain's bearable and it was no-where near as bad as I feared it would be.
I do have pretty bad pain down my right leg/buttock but suspect it's sacro-iliac pain or muscular. We'll see.
I've been on oxycontin 60mg twice a day for over 2 years and I did/still do struggle to get adequate pain relief cause i'm so tolerant to the usual meds. Doesn't seem to matter how many times I explain it, people still seem to think that the usual endone and panadol should be sufficient for someone like me.
Anyway that's probably been my main gripe to what has otherwise been a trouble free recovery so far.
All those well wishes and prayers from you'all did me wonders, thanks.

• Kylie, all the best for a pain free recovery.. =D> i see you are having a few problems with pain down your leg but i hope that will end soon.. ~X( take care seeing your family and don't overdo!! i am sure the doctor gave you specific directions of do's and dont's for your recovery!! :-C follow them!!!! :T thanks for checking in and keep us posted.. we are here for you! :D hugsss, >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hi Kylie,
    Glad to hear you are back with family and recovering well. Sorry about the lingering pain in the tushie and leg and praying for a speedy resolution to the problem.Listen to your Doc and stay positive, you are an inspiration.
  • I am so glad you are doing so good. I only had 40 miles to go home, 3 1/2 hours must have been a mess.

all our prayers are with you.

god bless,
  • i'm doing really well. My doctor said I din't need to use a brace, but as I have two young children and am already finding it difficult to not bend or twist etc, i'm being fitted for a brace tomorrow, this will give me peace of mind at least.
    Is leg/buttock pain common post surgery?