Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

vivavegasvvivavegas Posts: 185
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi, I wasnt sure where to put this....but decided on here! Over these past few months I have been wrecking my brains to try and find out why i am in pain and suffering what I am ~X( I have been told I have a slight scolosis, i do have a leg shorter than the other and yes i have been fused from l4 to s1(although no discs where taken out and no metalwork put in all the surgeon did was put bmp around my spinous processes.......i have beeb going to physio and osteopath and whilst the physio didnt seem to have a clue.the osteopath i went to last week said he was going to do a sacral manouvere on me.and WOW after he did it on both sides i stood up...felt balanced out, no awful ribcage pain and difficulty breathing and no pain across like the top of my hip......it got me thinking about an article that i came across few weeks ago.

It was a study done in Italy where 4 patients had severe backpain.one of the girls was admitted to hospital for severe backpain every couple of months, there was another man who had been told he suffered from an inflamation of the sacrolliac joints......the orthapedic team decided to inject botox into the psoas muscles bilaterally and they all had pain relief for least was 15 days so the orthapedic team decided to do a psoas muscle release at the pelvic brim....all the pain had disappeared and they said the dissapearence of i think it was hip abduction....and the change in the lumbosacral spine.....it said in the report that all people with low back pain and cerbal palsey,hip abduction and oops i cant remember the fourth thing but that anyone who has the above should be checked for the psoas problem..these patiens that had the psoas muscle release done had no pain when they were checked at 1,3,6 and 12 months later.

I thought it was intresting and then when the osteopath did that last week i thought to myself did he just lengthen my psoas muscle...i only thought about it when i was outside lol should have thought about it and asked about it whilst i was there lol but i have another appointment this week with him and i am going to ask him then. my recent mri showed i have hypertrophy facet joint causing pressure on the thecal sac and left nerve.1 doctor had mentioned that he thought the bmp had overgrown..so its looking like i will have to get this out and so im looking into all options including this psoas muscle release surgery.anything to see what will help me.....just today i couldnt get out of bed and i was finding it sore and uncomfortable to breathe.....does anyone else experience that...the breating thing? does anyone know who i would contact that would deal with psoas muscle releases.would it be the neurolagist? or an orthapedic surgeon?...it also said that these patients went to gait anylaisis......what would be the first point of call to get all this looked into? The hospital that did the research is in italy and as im in ireland its too far although i suppose i could send an email.....Well i better stop rambling lol as hubby would say you must have taken another talking tablet lol :)

• Viva isn't it sad when we have to do all the research ourselves....Eventually you will find the right procedure that needs to be done and hopefully will get some paine relief...be positive and have faith hun....Hugs....Cynthia
  • You mentioned (and asked I believe) if anyone else had problems with ribcage pain and problems breathing? I do!
    Many years ago well before I ever had all of my more serious and disabling lower back problems I had been having a great deal of problems with my middle to upper back. This had gone on for years and I was always going to a chiropractor for relief. One of them had taken x-rays (well they all did but this one brought this up) and he showed them to me pointing out a severe curviture (S shape) of my spine and neck. He asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with scoliosis. I had not. He said that he believes I have it.
    Long story short I have one shoulder much higher than the other, one ribcage that is much higher than the other (it's extremely noticeable when I'm laying down but you can even see it while I'm standing) among other things. The pain gets so bad that I eventually start to lose the use of my right arm, my arm will become completely numb and lifeless, my shoulder area and mid back area just above my ribs on one side has this huge muscle knot and is full of pain and starts to get this feeling like it's burning really bad. My neck is a mess and recently my head was stuck where I could only turn it one direction. I can't roll my head all the way around like most people, I have to stop and bring it up to another point and start to roll it again.
    When my mid to upper back starts hurting and when I wake in the morning the pain is so bad that I feel like my chest is being squeezed by a Ananconda snake. It's hard to catch my breath until it subsides sometimes hours later. Pain meds have no effect on any of this at all. Now that I have my lower back problems which I'm sure are contributing to the problem and pulling on the muscles it has gotten so much worse that even the chiropractor doesn't do any good.
    So, does any of this sound familiar? I mentioned the possible scoliosis diagnosis to my pain doctor/nuerologist and he took a glance at my back and never said anything. I assume he figures that I don't have it from his cursory glance. He recently told me that I don't have inflammation in my spine either. I actually laughed over that one! Does this sound like anything that you go through? I would love some feedback from someone who's been diagnosd with this.
    As to the rest of your thread I have to admit that it went over my head and I wasn't sure what was done. But hey, if you find some releif in your lower back from this I would be more than happy to know all about it.
    Thanks for your story!
This discussion has been closed.