Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lidoderm Patches

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Pain Medications
I've been using Lidoderm Patches for almost 2 yrs now. It is the only thing I can put on my shoulder/neck area to help with the pain and muscle spasms at night. This is in addition to a Norco 10/650, Skelaxin 800, Lyrica and Klonodin....every night. Just lost my primary insurance that would cover 2 bxs a month for a $30 copay...Now my husbands ins., says 50/50 reimbursement...that will be over $100 for one box. I can't even find it in Canada for less money...

Does anyone one have an alternative? I've tried a sample of Flector but it didn't seem to do anything....

Right now i'm hoarding my remaining patches and sometimes only use a 1/2 patch, but sometimes i'll need 2 patches just to make it through the night.....

Oh I tried Duragesic pain med patch but had horrible sideeffects plus I still used the Lidoderm..
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    of replacements for the Lidoderm patches. I too also used them for a number of years and also found them helpul.
    If I can come up with a alternative, I will let you know
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ron, thanks for the reply...Saw my pcp today, he agreed the cost is horrible...only thing he could recommend is Zotrex (sp) OTC cream...I've been using Super Blue Stuff rollon for the areas the patch was not hitting and that helps.... I think that will be my only option.... Even with ins. coverage the cost is horrible... I worked for a hospital and our Rx coverage was pretty darn good and so was the insurance itself....that is the only part of work I'll miss.
    -Dottie.