Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See doc TODAY...8 wks post op; hoping to drive!

allicat623aallicat623 Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello all..

Well today is the day. I see the NS this afternoon after an ACDF on C5-6 and posterior fusion/laminectomy on C4-7 with all the fixin's on June 30th..... I'm taking an X-ray first then will see him. I hope to get a picture of the x-ray while on his "light board" so see my own neck of steel...or is it titanium???

Anyway, I'm hoping and praying that he says I can stop wearing the Miami J collar and clears me to drive!!

I'm doing great...doing all activities I need to live on my own in my house...except no heavy housework (like vacuuming dusting -- no far spots), but can load dishes in dishwasher and do laundry (I'm just careful how I bend over), sweep some, shower on my own, etc.

I haven't been walking as much as I should because of unrelated swelling on my foot and because of the intense south la heat in August. But I do move around in my house while cleaning ....I just have to hit the recliner and rest from time to time! I hope that movement has been enough to get blood flowing to my neck!!!

I get some slight numbness in my hands from time to time and the only pain I have is in my neck from wearing the collar too long!! When I'm sitting in the recliner, I'll take it off and it feels so good!!

Anyway, wish me luck that I get the collar off for good and can drive again! My son who had been driving me and my daughter all around left for college last Thursday and so I'm really on my own!! ...And that's a whole 'nother set of issues I'm dealing with: a half-empty nest!!

Thanks for listening!!!

• :H Good day to you! Excited for you to get good news today that you are released to drive. How dare school start back up and you lose your driver! (LOL!)

Hey, don't worry about housework -- I saw something at Wal Mart on the cleaning aisle that gave me a good laugh. It's a pair of slippers with cleaning pads on the bottom -- You just slip them on and walk around your floor -- no bending or twisting needed. I thought now that's something we need to give all spineys.

May you continue to heal and improve every day -- let us know what the doctor says today and everyone here is cheering for a good outcome.

Take care,

• cant wait to see some good shots...those last ones werent so great. glad youre pain free.its nice when you can look back and say it was worth it.

judy...a few years ago in an effort to keep moving i taped sandpaper to my shoes to sand my deck. sat in wheelchair and did the sand shuffle...
  • I am so glad for you. Just take it easy. Be careful how you look when you come out of a parking place, ~X( I know, I had problems with that.

God Bless

• The doctor says my x-rays are perfect! Said they couldn't be any better!!!

I changed my profile pic so you can see all my titanium glory!

Said he didn't require any physical therapy for me, just continue walking and increase activity at home to my comfort level.

And I CAN DRIVE!!! He said only to go short distances initially until I get more and more comfortable, but I'm good to go!!

I'm so happy!! Thanks to everyone here for your support!!!