Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

this is very depressing? now what?

RefugeeRRefugee Posts: 100
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
acdf c5-6 2007. numerous epidurals 4 months physical therapy and still miserable.

MRI REPORT states: There is disk dehydration seen down to C6-7. Susceptibility artifact is seen along the areas of metal hardware. C3-4 and C4-5 is mild narrowing of the nerve root foramina. C5-6 fused reasonably maintained accounting for artifact. minor narrowing of the right foramen. At C6-7 there is a bulging disc and mild central canal space narrowing bordering on a mild developing central stenosis and reduced AP diameter of 11 or 12 mm. also mild stenosis of the nerve root foramina bilaterally.

C7 to T1 well maintained

impression: anterior cervical fusion with metal hardware at C6-7 well maintained . there is mild narrowing of the nerve root foramina bilaterally.

broad bulging disc at C6-7 with borderline mild developing central stenosis and AP canal space diameter of 11-12mm. also mild stenosis of the nerve root foramina.

My first surgery in 2007 was horrible and i have never recovered. i have been on pain meds since then. diagnosed with DDD 35 and osteoporosis at age 37 its a T-3 and swelling from the knees to the feet and no one knows why. which is very bad if i cough wrong my doctor said i could break my back. Now since 2007 I have had pain, burning, numbness and tingling in my neck, shoulders, left shoulder blade, left arm hand and fingers. Migraines on top of all this also. This also happen on the right side but not as severe unless its one of those moments that I am unable to move which has really scared me. I take lots of meds and i cannot work anymore. I have been off work since june and i have no one to talk to about all this. Im just wondering what to expect when the doc reads my mri. what are they talking about when they say disc dehydration seen down to C7? whats the nerve root foramina and foramen? what about stenosis and canal space 11-12mm? I know its not exact but any thoughts would be appreciated. I have also now acquired a ringing in my left ear.
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,614
    Welcome to our forum,

Most of us here can say "we know how you feel" and actually mean it. I feel badly the your condition and symptoms appear to be advancing. There are a select few of us here that have had the honor (pleasure?) of having or needing revisions to our previous ACDF's - From what I read into your MRI is that your symptoms and condition have progressed.

All's I can say is that I was at the point of begging for revision surgery as my first 3 level ACDF had failed.

Get your new MRI and yourself to a superior neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon (Not definitively the one who did the first surgery) and get re-evaluated for ??? relief.

We are always here for you to talk to. Try the chat ... its a hoot!!

Bless us all,

D

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • Thanks for your response. its nice to have people to talk to who understand. Mine was done with my bone which left my right hip with no feeling. I appreciate your kindness