Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opening jaw causes shocking sensation in neck/trap area

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
For the past week or so I've had a weird feeling where my neck meets the shoulders on the right hand side in the back.

I want to see this is my trapezius area.

I have already seen a doctor and he said it's probably a sprained/pulled muscle.

I don't have any pain when I turn my neck but sometimes I get this shocking sensation like when you hit your ulnar nerve on something but in my neck/shoulder area. It does not radiate down my arm or up into my head. It is concentrated in one specific area which is the top of my shoulder and where the shoulder meets the neck.

I have this constant what I want to call tightness or pressure on my shoulder area. Sometimes stretching the neck feels good but it does not relieve the pressure.

I am so concerned that this is something major like a herniated disc that it is affecting my work.

Again I can turn my head in all directions, there is no loss of range of movement.

I have had poor posture for quite some time as I work on a computer for up to 12-13 hours per day.

Any ideas what this could be?
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. There's really no way to tell what it could be without some sort of diagnostic testing done by a physician. Depending on the type of doc you saw, he may not be looking in the correct area or with the right set of "eyes". Do you have the capability to go get a second doc to take a look at you? Did the doc you initially saw tell you to come back in X number of days if there's no improvement?

Wish I could help, but the best thing would be to have someone else take a look at it again for you.

"C"