Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My massage was great!

MaggiePMMaggieP Posts: 349
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Chronic Pain
The masseuse said my neck and back was riddled with knots. She worked on them very lightly and slowly, and gradually increased the pressure a little. When she moved to the mid and lower back, clear across my pelvic area was on fire. I hadn't even realized it was hurting. And pressure on the gluts was like stabbing with a spike. The calves were tight too. But at the end of an hour, I felt looser. I'm now drinking lots of water. She did comment on how tight all of my muscles were. Recommended at least once a month if possible. I am really curious as to how or if I will be sore in the am. Thanks to all for the recommendations.

Oh, did do some pool time today too, before the massage, 89* here today, just right. Hope you all have a good week.

• A massage and pool time!!! =D> what a perfect combination for some rapid pain relief! <:P enjoy while you can!! :D Jenny :)
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, pool and massage. What a great combo. Glad you enjoyed it. Let us know how you are this morning. After I'm done with PT, as the copays kill my budget, I think I'll schedule a massage too at the resort near me that also has an indoor pool for the public to use. Its the perfect size pool for spineys.

Best to you,

• :D Massage is a great thing. It helps balance out all your muscles.

You will probably be sore today but it should ease up by tomorrow. Continue to drink lots of liquids today and take some ibuprofen (if you can) for soreness.

I'm currently seeing a massage therapist who specializes in working on muscle imbalances. She had me read sections of a book on posture and is working with me to re-engage my inner corset (ab) muscles to support my lower back. So much of how we use our bodies every day affects our backs and she is retraining me in the correct ways to sit, stand, bend, etc. Quite interesting.

I'm up for anything that will help me get back a better quality of life.

Have a great day and so happy you enjoyed your massage.

• Dear Maggie,

I am so happy to hear your massage went well. When I used to get full body massages (before my spinal injury) I would sometimes be sore the next day, but always felt more relaxed once the soreness wore off. I would occasionally get adrenaline rushes when certain knots were worked out during the massage.

I sincerely hope you continue to find relief through massage therapy.

I will be starting mine next week and although I am a little bit nervous... I am hoping for any kind of relief. My surgeon will only permit a small area to be worked on (must be two inches above my bra line), but if these massive knots can be worked out... I will be thrilled.

Best wishes to you for a great rest of the week.

Take care,

• I felt pretty good this morning. Neck and shoulders a little sore, but not bad. Then I went to work :( After 476miles, I'm right back where I was before the massage. Last year my PCP told me until I quit work I would be always be in pain. If anyone has a winning Lottery ticket they would like to give me, contact me and I'll give you my address :))( It's horrible that I work all week, spend all weekend trying to rest up so I can work all week. I feel like a gerbil running on a wheel. I can't make plans to do anything on the weekend, because by the time it comes around, all I want to do is stay home. Summer will be over soon, my pool closed, so nothing to look forward to. Going to be one of those sleepless, pain-filled nights. Going to take some pain pills, and try to sleep for awhile. Hope y'all feelin' better than I am. :D

This discussion has been closed.