Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Upright MRI

Dava AnneDDava Anne Posts: 28
I was wondering if anyone has had an upright MRI? I am having one done tomorrow and I am hoping it will show something that the regular lay down type MRI'S I've had in the past might have missed. Most of my pain comes when I sit or stand with very little pain while laying down. I am thinking this is a better way to do a MRI because it is done while the spine is under a load so it might show what is really going on. I have the normal problems at the L5-S1 and L4-L5 levels but my neuro says my other MRI'S don't show anything really bad that would be causing my pain which consists of mostly leg muscle issues.
I had 2 laminectomies back in 2001 and was pain free for 5 years before the pain came back again and I have been trying to put off fusion since then. I hope this new MRI will show exactly what is going and might give me a different option other than fusion. I really think this new MRI is a great new diagnostic tool.
Thanks, Dava

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    generally do not have as powerful magnets as the conventional laydown tube MRIs. As such, many of the images produced by the Open Units are not as fine.
    They have come a long way in a short period of time. There was several web articles discussing this and how the Open MRI did not catch some of the problems that the conventional MRI does.
    There is some merit into the position your Spine is in when a MRI is done.
    If your doctor is correct, I dont know what the MRI is going to show about muscle problems.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com