Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

EMG & Nerve Conduct Study

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had the EMG/NCS yesterday. My NS had wanted me to have it to rule our carpal tunnel. The doctor who administered the test said I was negative for nerve damage and that I should go to PT and have some traction. He suggested that I start taking Lyrica for the nerve pain..... And even epidural injections. $$$$$

I really don't understand why he felt it appropriate to try to sell me onto the services offered at his clinic when I was sent over for the test only (he is suppose to fax results ASAP to NS)

He had my MRI results faxed over and said that my herniated discs and osteophyte were only small and that I should be fine. I have seen the MRI but not read the report. It was two full pages and all he read was (one line).

I am glad I do not have nerve damage, but my arms still hurt and are weak. Still getting tingeling in my hand etc. How can it be?

• If you have a herniation and arthritis,whether there small or not,even small herniations can cause pain and weakness and tingling if there pushing on or interferring with a nerve.You may not have nerve damage yet but if your having tingling then your nerves are being bothered by one or the other or both problems.If i were you i'd get back to the doc. who did the mri and have him read the entire report to you and explain all you questions you have about it.