Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had An Appointment for 2nd Opinion Today

SlancastvaSSlancastva Posts: 43
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Lower Back Pain
Two weeks ago, my os stated the only thing that would help me was a spinal fusion. He does his fusions with the new Axialif procedure. I had an appointmen with a ns today for a second opinion. He was very down to earth. He told me I was a candidate for a spinal fusion, but he wanted what was best for Sharon (me). He stated maybe my symptons could be control but mediacation but he wanted to run a couple of test first. I started asking him questions about spinal fusions and he said to wait because fusion was an option but there maybe a couple more and wanted the best for me. He even joked with me. He is so different from my os. I will start going to him now. My next appointment is 09/04/09.

So Spineys kept me in your prayers and wish me luck.

PS - A friend of mine who is a er nurse referred me to him.

• I'm glad to hear that your appointment went so well. It's so important to have faith in your doctor/surgeon and it looks like you found the one that's right for you.

Good luck and please continue to keep us posted.
  • What kind of tests is he proposing?
  • Why are people obsessed with surgery. Surgery should be the last resort. Low back surgery is barbaric in nature. Once you are cut, you can't go back. Look for other options. Back surgeons and ortho's will rarely give the patient advice that is best for them. Usually, it's what is best for the doctor.
  • I think Sloth,s comments were wrong.I had back surgery and afterwards was mad at myself for putting it off so long!Now I have permanant nerve damage to my right leg.But it certainly was not my neuro, fault.He made it possible for me to walk without pain again.I guess I was lucky I found a good one.Before they put me under he came over,touched my cheek and said he would take care of me and he was right,he did!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    are wrong. I could be wrong, but Sloth, it seems as though you had some very bad experiences with Spinal Surgery.
    I agree surgery should always be the last resort, but spinal surgery is FAR from barbaric.
    I do not know what kind of doctors you have seen, but in the past 30+ years, the doctors that I have seen have provided me with good advice and want to see the best for me..
    I am sorry that you have not had that same experience
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.