Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HollieSterling38HollieSterling38 Posts: 390
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Pain Management
Hi all....
Well it went good. He listened to me and said he didn't need to do a xray, that it sounded to him like the leads were too close to the nerves.
He agrees that I needed it removed and a pain pump or a total rhizotomy was next step. Unless I have another disc out or something else going on. I am also in need of a couple of ESI's again in lower spine for pain in hip and leg( which I haven't talked about here cuz it just doesn't compare to the pain in spine). BUT he is at a stand still and can't do nothing but up my meds and give me pressure point shots until my medicaid is turned to Medicare, which won't be until next august. So he gave me some shots and upped my meds.
And told me to see if there was someway to get Medicare any sooner.
So I'm at a stand still. There is no way to go any further until then.

I was happy with our talk,but now gotta figure out how to go about everything else( insurance stuff)

Then my mom hurt my feelings and pissed me off!
I called to tell her what the dr said and her comment was
"oh well,guess u need to learn how to live with it."
Omg .....I cried for 30 minutes.
Not a care at all from my parents. They really do not care.

Anyways next step figuring out how to get Medicare sooner.
Anyone have any ideas where to start on that?

• does that mean leads come out soon?
  • That means I'm stuck until I get Medicare.
  • Hi Hollie:
    I'm new to group and just wanted to say try not to take what your mom said to hard. She's like everyone else, she just has no idea what you go through because she doesn't have what you have. I want to call them imbeciles, but they're really just people who hear it from us everyday and they have no clue. My wife can't understand how I can still hate someone who injured me 16yrs.ago. I tell her for the 1000th time my pain reminds me 24/7. We are stuck with it,it's not fair at all. No matter what, she still loves you even if she makes comments like that.
    Worn-out in Fla.
  • Your post made me laugh for numerous reasons. I think cuz you sound like me! Worn out and pissed off.. Too funny...
  • Oh dear....thats a WHOLE YEAR!! Darn...Darn!!
    I have no idea how you can rush Medicare!! They do not give in to the rules as we all know.
    Well...he listened to you but...
    How can we help???
    Please do not let your Mother upset you to much. We are here and we understand. We know how it hurts to have your own Mother scoff at you.
    Tonight I will go online to Medicare web site and see what i can find. I hope we can find a way. You have friends here Holly and we will do our best to help.
    I hope the meds help.
    Sending you a hug... >:D<
    patsy W
  • So sorry to hear your mom said that. So typical.. Wouldn't it be nice to have the kind of mom that just put her arms around you and said, I love you and I'm sorry you feel the way you do.. My neighbor lady across the street was that mom for me, and grandmother for my kids. Not that bitch that raised me.. Well, my mom is sort of a satan worshipper anyway, so that could be part of her problem - is yours? LOL! Trying to make you laugh, seriously, my mom is one, I'm sure yours isn't, she's just rude... It is so hurtful when the people that should be your support are so cruel at times. I think they think it is a big joke, I seriously do. They think we are just big whinebabies or something.. What do you mean about leads coming out? I had messaged Cateyes earlier (but screwed up the message) as you will all soon figure out I do frequently, anyway I asked her about some sort of device she had implanted. What is it and how does it work? I ran into a fello up camping a few years ago with some sort of device implanted that was supposed to stop nerve pain but he said it caused so much pain in his legs that he had to take pain meds for that too. I was just curious. Hope you feel better, don't let your mom get you down, it isn't worth it..
  • I'm so glad your appt went well and I hope you get better relief with the dose increasement. I don't know why your mother would treat you this way and I'm sorry I don't have an idea to solve this. I know you did your best by sitting her down and trying to explain things to her. She sounds like she's one of those people who can't bear not to be the center of attention. Always let her know that you love her and that you need her to understand how chronic pain has impacted your life. Hopefully she'll be more sensitive to your needs.

Please let us know how the epidural injections go for you. It seems like things are finally starting to go your way. Take care >:D<
  • Dis. Vet--- I am actually divorced, all the crap he's had to put up with me we just got way off track, but I still call him my hubby cuz we got back together, just not married..LOL I am on disability and have Medicaid and it takes two years to get Medicare... Another year!

Mouse/Steve --- yeah we kinds sound alike. By the way my daughters nickname is mouse..
    No my mom is not Satan..LOL... Wonder bout my dad sometimes though..lmao.
    And my dads a chaplain and president of the ministeral alliance and meals on wheels,
    go figure. They do love me but could care less to just listen and keep there mouth shut.
    Always have to be negative, whats wrong with a little sympathy.
    Thank God I'm not terminal.

Pat... Thank u for helping, I'm in tx and I was going to make some calls tomorrow.
    I think a case advocate someone mentioned before would be helpful with that, too.
    I luv my parents alot but like mouse said they are just tired of hearing it. I get "well join the club" and crap like that... They are old and have normal wear and tear, and don't get that I'm young and have had this since birth..I didn't do anything to be like this and I understand their pain and would never hurt them like that.
    There's a letter on here at SH someplace,someone posted...bout those that have to listen to my whining. Gonna copy it and read it to them soon.

And I'm sooooo happy to have found this place and my kids and hubby are too.... So they don't have to hear me either...LOL

• Gotta wait a year for esi too. Can't have no proceedure for a year.
    But my last esi in lower back( had two,two weeks apart) lasted 1 1/2 years and worked great.
    Like I said at the start I have that problem too, along with scar tissue blockage of small intestine that gives me fits once a month and a hurnia above my belly button.
    But all that's tolerable compared to the spine. I just didn't want to talk about all that cuz like I said it doesn't touch the spine and didn't want more skeptism bout myself on top of falling apart... LOL
  • Mine are done as I said 1 @ 2wks apart.
    Dr usually gives 3 but becuz of my size he said I can only have two.
    They should last up to 9 mths but mine lasted longer. 1 1/2 yrs
    That was in lower back. The ones I had in neck did nothing.
    Rhizotomy in neck did nothing.
    FOR ME!