Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Feeling pain 1 year after surgery

adiputraaadiputra Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone,

I had my back surgery L4/L5 probably 10 months ago.
and now feeling uncomfortable again around my back and leg. still not pain yet just uncomfortable and pain that come and goes away on the leg(exactly same feeling when u first got ur back pain problem). Is there anyone that had same condition as me? What will be best action that i need to take?
Coz this uncomfortable feeling keeps getting worse as time goes by..Im scared that this condition will get worse and will becomes like my condition before the surgery (can walk, sit, sleep)

Thanks all

• welcome to you adiputra. you have teamed up with people just like you....i've had 6 surgeries and after many of mine i still had pain. so surgery in general doesnt necessarily CURE pain. but there are so many things that could be causing it that you really have to be looked at by your dr.
    the most frequent cause of continued pain is scar tissue., caused by the bodies own reaction to its being attacked by the knife.
    here is an article on spine health about scar tissue
    so give the dr a call and we truely wish you the best....pete
  • Thanks for ur reply..

If it is a scar tissue problem then what usually the doctor do to us? I mean what is the solution for those scar tissue problem?

Once again thankssss
  • To Pete81241,

Do we actually have to do much rest? I mean if we keep doin activity as usual, does that gonna make it worse?
    Sorry for the bad english and all rush. Im new in this forum and in very much stressed...

• You're doing fine! We can understand your concerns. First, try not to worry. Stress has a direct effect on your level of pain, causing muscles to tense, etc.

What type of surgery did you have? If it was to correct a herniated disc, it is possible that the disc has reherniated.

You do not want to restrict your activities, but I wouldn't try something new at this point. Avoid all those activities that involve twisting, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching up or to the side and lifting. If you are not feeling better within four to six weeks, you will probably want to contact your surgeon.

Please feel free to post often with your comments and questions. We're glad you found this forum!!
  • Thanks for ur reply gwennie,

Yes, Ive had surgery to correct a herniated discs..
    Its hard for me not to worry, because last time Im in so much
    Hellll..oohh,,Praying that its not gonna happen again.
    If in my condition the disc is reherniated so surgery will be the only solution ? or we just need take medicine?