Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WonderboytwiceWWonderboytwice Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a PLIF plus Decompression operation in December 2008 and am still suffering a great deal of pain. My Surgeon sent me for a Scan in August 2009 and I now have to undergo a series of facet joint injections in order that they can determine where the pain is coming from! In addition I have been told that my Operation may have to be extended early 2010! Has anyone incurred the same problems as I have had? I would be very glad to know.My pain level is just as severe as it was before my operation and I am now beginning to wonder if the pain will ever go away!

• I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I haven't had surgery but have had facet joint injections that provided some relief for me. Are you having less pain after the injections? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I had a two level PLIF last Dec as well. I am still having very serious pain, was even hospitalized for it in Aug. My Ortho is taking out my hardware on Sept 4. He did injections by the screws and feels it is hardware causing pain. I had MRI and Ct that didnt show anything specific, so I am willing to try this.
    Did you scan show you are fused? Did it show anything else wrong?
  • At what level was your surgery? I do not understand your comment about the surgery needing to be extended to 2010. Could you please explain? Are they talking about doing more surgery or what do you mean?

Many people continue to have pain after PLIF. I don't know statistics but it seems fairly common among people on this board!

I've had two surgeries within 13 months' time and my symptoms are the very same as they were prior to ever setting foot in a surgeon's office. While my situation is a bit extreme, it does happen.

• welcome...i'm no dr and i have no medical advice but i just wanted to say youre around friends here who are also in pain and we are hoping you get relief soon....pete