Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Constant Pain

RefugeeRRefugee Posts: 100
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in New Member Introductions
I am also new to this site by just a few days or so. I am a mother of 3 and grandmother of 1 with one more on the way. I am currently on STD from work. They werent to happy about it and asked for my resignation telling me i could continue to draw std even if i resigned. I dont believe this is true and i refused to do so. My info is listed below and i would appreciate any one's opinion. My symptoms are only getting worse. I do take pain meds but they dont help like I feel they should but im afraid to be to pushy with my doctor. I am currently suffering from constant migraines, pain, burning, numbness, and tingling in the neck, shoulders, left arm, hand and fingers, with the right arm included in this mess sometimes. Now im suffering with severe night tingling so bad i cannot move very painful, upper extremeties only, and it eventually reaches a high point then starts going back down and i can move. Im also dropping everything have pain in front of chest which it did this before when i had the first bad disc.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you don't say what type of doctor you get your pain meds from? :? what type of pain control do you have beyond meds? :? are you under the care of a good pm? :? so glad you stopped by! please have a look around and make yourself at home!! good luck at pain relief! :D Jenny :)
  • I am under the care of a good pm but have fears of asking. He is a nice man. Thanks for the reply
  • Don't be afraid to tell your doctor your current medicines aren't helping much. You have a legitimate pain problem and it is common for us to become tolerant to the effects of narcotic pain meds. It has nothing to do with addiction or misusing. This is a very common occurrence so you shouldn't feel bad. I built a tolerance to Fentanyl patches and I went from 25mcg to 100mcg in a year. I found that Fentanyl just wasn't working for me anymore despite the high dose. I was changed over to Morphine after that but then grew allergic to it.

Well, you're not the only one to feel weird about talking to your doctor about pain meds. I feel the same way too. Just don't ask for anything in specific because that raises suspicion. I'm sure he will listen to you and help you get more relief. Take care
  • Do let your PM Dr. know of our pain and how severe on a pain scale and if you can have something for the pain. Your Dr. is there to help you relieve your pain. Even tell his Nurse of your pain and hopefully she'll advovate for you and bring up the subject. I had to go to my Dr. frequently until I had some pain control by letting her know my meds didn't last 12 hours as they're supposed to so now I take the meds 4x day and started with just one pill a day. I just visited my Dr. again for something for breakthrough pain. I hope you can get something for pain relief. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • bad enough you have these pain troubles then your job is in jeopardy. i am not a lawyer but i'll venture a guess that the disability you suffered triggered the short term disability checks and there is nothing the company can do to stop those payments to you for whatever length of time is specified in the contract......pete
  • Thanks to all of you for the replies. I go back to him around the middle of sept and i will just sit down and talk to him then about all my options. He mentioned neucleoplasty? Not sure but maybe an option. Anyway thanks for making me feel so welcome. As for my job they sent me a letter an in bold letters at the bottom it stated that if im unable to return to work i need to submit my resignation. Yea i dont think so that check is my only income right now and that was after they called me and asked me to submit it and i told them i would speak to the std company and then go by what they told me to do. I worked for them for years with a perfect record always perfect evaluations. Im shocked and hurt that they have acted this way.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Jeauxbert, Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message

It is so very important that we let our doctors know about our pain levels and how the current set of medications are helping or not.
    Never be afraid to talk frankly and honest with your doctors. Any doctor worth their weight and gold, will always listen to someone who is sensible
    and asking for help.
    In my experiences, never make a demand on your doctor. Just lay the framework and ask the question, Is there anything we can do to better control my pain?
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • have you been checked out for thoracic outlet syndrome?
  • I am so sorry to hear of the treatment that you are getting from your employer. I went through the same thing. I was on LTD after surgery and my employer actually fired me after my FMLA ran out. It seems that lots of employers don't want you once you have had issues with your spine. But, I was able to continue my LTD even after being terminated. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.