Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post-surgery pain medication

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Pain Medications
Due to a car accident I got involved in last year, I was left with back injuries. I already had one surgery and now the spasms from the injury kills me. I take this pain reliever but it doesn’t totally help me take care of the pain. I’m off to ask another doctor about it. Can you recommend a good pain reliever so I can ask the doctor about it? Thanks.

• I’m sorry you’re still in pain. Ok, If you’re still not using them, ask the doctor about tramadol or soma. Soma helped me for my leg muscle surgery pain. Got me to rest well at night. I believe you can order soma on almost all pharmacies as long as you are prescribed to it. Google both for more info. Best of luck to you.
  • to describe what type of pain you have....try to give some detail. thanks...pete
    by the way welcome to spine health...we are all fellow sufferers who want to help you...
  • For specific pain med is a sure way to get yourself flagged as seeker. (cruel,but true)

Instead tell the doctor exactly what is going on, what hurts and what has been done in the past. You need to let the doctor be the doctor. They seem to help more when they feel the patient is involved but not to the point of asking for specific meds, especially pain meds.

• Since pain medications work differently for each of us, it would be impossible for us to make "suggestions" to you about pain medications that you should ask your doctor for.
    Someone recommended Soma as a pain reliever, but that is actually a muscle relaxer and a potent and potentially addicting one as well. It is not used as commonly as some of the others these days because of the addictive properties.