Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My gma lost her battle to lung cancer

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Matters of the Heart
For those of you who know me, you knew that my grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer over a year ago and I've helped her out with her care as much as I could. I am saddened to say that she passed away on Tuesday 8/25. I sat with her all day until she took her last breath.

I apologize for not being on here in so long. She has been going down hill for over 1 month now and I've consumed with that, taking care of my kids and household as well as trying to cope with this back pain.

My grandmother is finally with my grandfather and she is at peace.

• i can only offer my sympathy. her memory will last forever....pete
  • Michelle, I'm sorry for the pain you are feeling right now. You will cherish the memories you have with her, and how lucky she was to have a grandaughter like you to sit with her for her last hours.

Sorry for your loss.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • My heart goes out to you, yet another problem to have to deal with. You are right though, your grandma is now with your grandpa and is in peace, no longer suffering from cancer. And she had loved ones to help her take that journey.

I was just the other day wondering how you were doing, I guess now we know. I hope you're holding up okay!

It is good to hear from you again, I wish the circumstances were better. I know you will move forward, as you're a strong person -- a fighter and survivor.

My deepest condolences for losing a loved one and spiney hugs >:D< >:D<
  • without pain and with your grandfather. There is a great party goin on in heaven right now!! Thats is a lot to rejoice about. Keeping you and your family in my prayers as you mourn the loss of your gma!

• You and yours are in our thoughts,
  • You and yours are in our thoughts,
  • My heart and deepest condolences goes out to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss and I know how much you love your grandmother. Someone as special as her is irreplaceable and I'm sure she was a very special lady. Michelle, she's resting now, okay? She's no longer in pain anymore. She fought a brave fight and now she's in peace. Again, I'm so sorry. I lost my grandparents within 3 months of each other and it felt like I had my heart ripped out. Anyway, if you need to talk or you just need someone to be there for you, I'm just a PM away.
  • I'm so sorry. No matter how sick our loved ones are, it's still so sad when they lose the battle; no matter how prepared you think you are, you are never fully prepared for the profound sense of loss. Especially for a care giver.

You (and gramma) are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Dear Ming,

My prayers are also with you.

When my grandma passed, I knew she would no longer be suffering. As hard as it was to say goodbye for now... I was thankful when God called her home. (My grandma had bone cancer and she fought her painful battle for over 5 years).

I picture the same as you do with my grandparents... happily reunited again and both free of pain.

We will always miss them, but my personal belief is that they will be standing at those pearly gates welcoming me home... when it's my time to go. Until then, I picture them in eternal paradise with the sweetest smiles on their face.

Hugs to you,

Tammy >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    Its never easy losing a loved one.... But you and she shared a gift.. You were able to spend time together before it was the end.

I know that when my father passed away in 2001, I was so lucky and I know (nod you head up there Dad!) my Dad was so happy that the several days before he passed away, I was able to spend so much time with him.
    His grandchildren where there, his children, all the people that meant so much to him when he was alive.

Its not easy thinking about this right now, but Ming, years to come you will look back on this and cherish the time you and your grandmother spent together before the end
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • So sorry to hear of your loss. Even though you know she is in a better place, it doesnt make it any easier. I remember you writing aobut taking her places and loading up the wheelchair when you hurt so bad. I am sure that she was comforted by all the love you showed her. May the memories of her help you through this time. Heres a hug, and glad to hear from you, sorry it isnt on a happier note. take care. Love, Robin
  • Everyone else has relayed my thoughts so well, there's nothing more I could possibly say. You and your family are in my thoughts. Be well, sister.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • sorry to hear about your grandmother....you have my sympathy..take care
  • my deepest sympathies Ming. we have missed you here and hope you will be back when you can.. you have alot to handle right now.. we are all behind you in thought and prayer... :) Jenny
  • I hope there is peace in you and your's hearts today. You being there and sending her home that way was wonderful for her peace of mind. Take care and be at peace.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• =(( =(( My the memories of your grandmother keep your heart warm and bring a smile to your face during this difficult time. You were so blessed to be there with her as she passed.

Sending an O:) and a >:D< ,

Take care,

• I appreciate all of your kind words and deepest sympathies. I am overjoyed at all the love and support on this site. You guys are the best!

I know she is in a better place. As hard as it was, I was telling her it was ok to go be with grandpa. That we were ok and we wanted her to be at peace. The last words I said to her was it's time to go be with your daughter (she died last year the same day as my back surgery) and to be with grandpa. I kissed her head and stroked her hair and about 5 min later she peacefully passed away into eternal rest.

Thank you for all of your support. I'm gunna try to go to sleep now.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope you're okay. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one and I know there's nothing I can say to make it better. I just want you to know I'm thinking of you and if you need anything let me know. Take care,
  • I am so sorry for not seeing this sooner. my condolences and prayers are with you and your family.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• My Thoughts are with you and your family.

Hugs Patsy