Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SSDI Hearing Date Set!

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,961
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Health Insurance Issues
My attorney called me to say that I have a hearing date set in front of the ALJ. It is set for October 19. The attorney says that everything looks good. The judge that I will see is a tough judge but they have already decided that I have been through enough with my back to disable me. Also there will be no vocational rehab expert there. I will keep you all informed of how it goes.

• J.J. ,
    Good luck with your ALJ hearing. It is a shame that it has to get that far. Again GOOD luck!
  • Good luck - go get 'em tiger!
  • I wish you all the best at the ALJ Level. I hope you win your case! Keep us informed. I'm at the preparing for my first appeal at this point, so I'm early in the process.

Don't most cases advance to the ALJ Level? I'd heard that 70 percent or so SSDI Claims are initially denied, ony 15 percent are accepted at the first appeal. I don't know, this is just what I heard.

Ken GreyEagle
  • Good luck with your hearing. I believe I posted a link in a previous post where you could look up the judge's approval rating.

• I will keep you posted.
    RFLO1, If you could post that link again, I will appreciate it.
  • I thought I would pass along a link that show's the SS ALJ judges approval ratings.

Search judges’ decisions
    In response to a Freedom of Information Act request by The Oregonian, the Social Security Administration released the production numbers and approval rates for all of its administrative law judges. The agency released complete reports for 2005, 2006 and 2007. The table for 2008 covers most — but not all — of the year.

To search the database, enter a judge’s name or select a year. You can sort the table by any of the categories by clicking on the category header
  • for that link. I looked up the stats on my judge and it seems that he has a 75-80% approval rate. So hopefully he is a fair judge and things will go well.
  • I wish you all lthe luck. Anyone in back pains knows how hard just doing the simple things in life are. I believe I am heading in the same direction you are at now and I am 53. Other then back problems , spinal stenosis, sciatiac chronic pain daily. I have had 2 knee surgerys , right knee arthoscope but its worse now, my 1st was a petalectomy on my left knee many years ago. I am told they don't do these any more and I am a living case why they dont . They tell me they may not be able to do a knee replacment on that on. I also have a torn rota cuff . I receive frequent cortizone shots for all. I had 2 stynts in my right coronary artery after having a heart attack and suffer with hypertensin and weight problem. They say the more problems you have the better chance of getting approved . I hope that is true . Well good luck , let us kno who you make out.