Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS - Doc. Appt.

mcarr36mmcarr36 Posts: 73
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Chronic Pain
I went to the appointment to discuss my recent x-rays (to see if the leads moved) and the doctor did not have them. He had a written report which was of no help. In an effort to help me with my never ending pain I am going to have an occipital nerve bolck at the end of September. I was really hoping that my new SCS would eliminate the need for blocks but that has not happened. However, I always get help from the blocks and/or nerve ablation so I am happy to have the procedure. I also started Topomax last night. I hope I do not have the weight loss side effect. If that happens I will have to get off of it. The doctor switched me from Flexeril to Soma at night for the spasms. Both of my SCS's cause major spasms for me! I will go back for SCS reprogramming in early December and see if I can get better coverage for my head pain. I am sure I will be feeling better soon!

• Have you discussed with your rep the difference in having your leads firing shallow vs firing deep? Most reps tend to try and drive the signal deep in order to really focus on a specific nerve. We found that I get better relief and less problem with the SCS causing spasms, by a more diffused signal pattern.

• I have my reps personal number and am able to call to set up meeting at anytime he's available... Though now I no longer use mine so no need to call.
    But waiting til December sounds like too long of a wait. Is there anyway the rep can get with you sooner?
    Good luck to you!
  • I am so sorry to hear you did not get the relief from your stimulator you had hoped for. I know that you had high expectations just as I did.
    I also had a great trial just as you did but my permanent implant did not give me the same relief either.
    I do hope you get everything adjusted so you have better coverage and better pain relief.
    I am so happy you do get relief from the blocks.
    It is so flusterating trying to cope with pain and trying to find some relief.
    My savage foot pain is now gone and I have no explanation for why it has faded away except my prayers were answered.
    Best of luck dear. Never give up hope.
    I prey you get the same felief that I have.
    Sending you a hug... >:D<
    Patsy W

Melissa ...I just read your lovely comment on my thread...Getting Better. Thank you so very much. Your kind words mean so very much to me. If I have helped anyone in any way it made my own suffering worth while.
    Never give up hope Melissa. Miracles DO happen and prayers ARE answered.
    You too will get the pain relief you so desperately seek. I know you will.
This discussion has been closed.