Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sevre back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Lower Back Pain
Dear sir/madam,

My father has been suffering from Sevre back pain and he had undergone surgery of L3-L4 8 years back and again similar sort of pain has arose and we are in dilemma to opt for procedure for medication. His age is 52.

I have here with attached MRI report of my father so please recommend me suitable options for medications.

I will be waiting for your response.

MRI of the Lumbo –Sacral spine

• T-1 and T-2 weighted sagittal
• T-1 and T-2 weighted Transverse through the lumbar intervertebral disc spaces
• Gradient Echo (F12D) Sagittal
• Post contrast T-1 weighted Axial , Sagittal and Coronal
• Left paramedian disc protrusion with caudal migration noted at l2-L3 level,which is seen as disc intensity area contiguous with the disc in both T-1 and T-2 weighted images protruding into the anterior spinal canal compressing the thecal sac . Left L3 nerve root is compromised . disc bulge noted at L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels. Central spinal canal is slightly narrowed at L-4-L5 level.Both L3-L4 and L4-L5 neural foraminas are mild to moderately narrowed . no abnormal enhancement noted in the post contrast study.
• Normal alignment , Configuration and height of the vertebral bodies with normal marrow signal.
• Apart from the changes noted above disc spaces aand the signa;l intensity of the disc in all other levels are normal . No disc bulge , herniation or sequestration evident in other levels.
• Except the changes noted above all other lumbar intervertebral foraminas are well visualized with exiting nerve roots within superior aspect and do not show any abnormality.
• Lower apart of the cord is normal . CSF space around the cord is normal . No space occupying lesions seen .
• No para-spinal abnormality.
• Left paramedian disc protrusion at L2-L3 level with the left L3 nerve root compromise.
• Mild central spinal canal stenosis at L4-L5 level and bilateral neural foraminal stenosis at L3-L4 and L4-L5

• You have come to a wonderful site. The members here have personal experiences with pain, neck, and back conditions, etc. that we share to provide each other support. Medical advice or reading of MRI reports is not provided by us.

Have you discussed your father's options with his physician?

Best to you,

• this is a patient leg forum and although we are in the main professional paitients we can not with any conviction recommend any medication ,we can only tell you what we take ..and you could use that as an in ,to your doctor when you go to see him or her . i myself take Oxycontin and temazepam and diazepam and oxynorm .your father is not old by any means and i should have thought that most medications would be suitable .as i don't know his past medical history i can only generalise but your doctor would be able to prescribe the correct amount of a suitable pain killer .and maybe further treatment .i wish you and your family all the best
  • I am so sorry to hear of your fathers suffering. I commend you for taking the initiative to research his issues and try to find something that may help him. Most of us are chronic pain patients and not qualified to read MRI's or recommend medications. What works for one person may not work for another. You may want to click on the treatments or the conditions tab at the top of this page to learn more. I wish your father luck and please feel free to stop by any time for understanding and support.
This discussion has been closed.