Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is anyone up that I can whine to?

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Lower Back Pain
Good morning. I woke up in terrible pain this morning. This is new to me because I never have the pain in the morning. It usually starts after I've been up for a while and gets worse as the day goes on. The pain is very low, in my buttocks really, and down my left leg which is also different. It's usually my right leg. It feels like someone is standing on me, crushing me. For all of you who wake with pain every morning I feel for you. I like having my coffee first. What a disheartening way to start the day. Maybe it'll only get better from here?
Hope you're all doing good this morning.

• so sorry
    do you think a bit of stretching would help?
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    That's what I thought so I've already been through my daily stretches and exercises. No improvement so far. I haven't been able to keep my pain meds down this morning so that doesn't help. I just took a phenergan for nausea though so hopefully it will help soon. If nothing else maybe it'll put me to sleep.
    I hope you have a good day Pete. Thanks for your help.
  • Every once in a while I'll have a day where both legs are bothering me instead of just the one (left). It's odd how that is sometimes.

Debbie, sorry you're having a tough morning! I hope it's only temporary and tomorrow morning you'll be back to "normal" again. Waking up with pain does make the day look a bit bleak, I'll admit. I hope you're able to get your meds on board and let them do their thing and get you feeling better today!
    Spiney hugs >:D< >:D<
  • Have you tried icing down your lower back where this is radiating from? You might be able to break the pain cycle enough to get it back under more manageable levels.

Thanks. I just took some meds so if I can keep them down maybe they'll help. This is just too early for me to start this! I usually can get a lot of stuff done in the mornings before it hurts this much.
    I'm glad that you're getting closer to a dx Jay. I think I'd feel better too if I only knew whats causing this. I don't know why but I guess then I'd have a "reason" to hurt. I hope you soon get it under control.
    Have a good day.

How are you? Thanks for the advice. I've tried heat this morning. Ice always makes the pain worse for some reason. I'm going to try to lie down for awhile to see if the pain meds will stay down this time. If I could go back to sleep for a bit that would be great....

Have a nice day.

• Mornings are my worst time. I get woken by my spine between 0300 and 0500. I have to get my ER and IR meds into me then.

With a problem of keeping things down, you may be missing those doses that would have helped drop the pain, as it normally does for you.

Ginger ale - or a little water and a pinch of ginger can help settle my tummy when it is upset.

take care -
  • Sorry you woke up in pain. Not a good way to start your day for sure. Maybe after you get moving around things will loosen up for you - thats my hope for you anyways!

• Sorry to hear about your morning pain. I feel for you, as I wake up with awful, sickening pain every morning (it's the worst time of day for me). Some days it's so bad that I wake up in tears (not very manly of me, I know). It takes me at least 2-3 hours just to get to the point where I can stand up relatively straight without my cane. It's a horrible way to start the day! Hope yours doesn't become a regular occurrence - best of luck.
    I appreciate all the advice and sympathy. My pain is still pretty bad but at least the nausea isn't as bad. I don't think the two are connected but who knows? I've been getting sick a lot lately and think the Chantix I'm taking may be to blame. I have been in bed a lot today and have slept off and on because of the phenergan. I may take another now with my pain meds and see if that'll help me through the night. Thanks again and I hope you all have a good night.

• Just a thought about your stomach problems and pain pills. I just finished a month of heavy duty antibiotics for Lyme disease and Acidophilous pills (near antacids in medicine aisle)helped a bit. I still had stomach discomfort, but I think the pills helped, and I only took one per day, you can take two. My problem was swallowing the pill in the first place! Maybe its worth a try. I know pain meds can wreak havoc with your stomach, but for me the Doxycycline was absolutely horrible. Thank God I am done with them. Hope you have better days coming.
    Are you feeling better since taking the antibiotics? Not including the stomach discomfort from them that is. I think the mix of meds I'm taking is helping give me nausea. I take prilosec otc everyday and have for years but it doesn't help much anymore. I can't take the phenergan very often and especially not if I need to drive. It makes me feel so bad the next day too. I'll look and try to find the ones you suggest. It can't hurt that's for sure.

Take care and have a good night.

• Yes, thanks for asking, I think the antibiotics kicked out the Lyme. This is my second time dealing with Lyme, first time was about 13 years ago. If you can't find the acidopholos pills (spelling?) then there is at least the Activia or Dan-Active yogurts that are supposed to help. Maybe black tea/green tea/ or especially ginger tea/water helps with stomach problems. Just heat up water and add a chunk of fresh ginger into it.
    I hope some of this helps. Take care,
  • are always bad for me too. I get extremely stiff when I lay down and can barely move in the mornings. Hopefully it was just a one time thing for you because it is not a great way to start the day.
  • Hi Debbie, I hope your meds & heat helped yesterday, it is sometimes difficult when you are in pain climbing (or rolling in my case) out of bed. I've started journaling my morning pain when I first get up, a lot of those pains work themselves out but are fairly important right now so I don't want to forget anything!

I hope you have a better day today!
    Spiney hugs >:D< >:D<
This discussion has been closed.