Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

is pete finished?

pete81241pete81241 Posts: 1,194
every inch of legs killing me. cant stand even with crutches. never been so bad. i wont give up but need your prayers...its so tough.

• Wow, I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. You are always there for everyone else giving your support and it is much appreciated. Its horrible to see others on this site go through these rough patches, after a short while you feel a certain kinship with members and it does have an affect on you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope for better days for you. Hang in there and keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • we all suffer and make the best of what we have. its so tough when you cant move an inch. i guess theres a lot of truth to the saying be grateful for what you do have...
  • You are in my thoughts bud!

When it gets bad for me, I take deep breaths and just listen to my breath. It takes the mind off the pain sometimes, especially when the pain is screaming for attention. I do this for 10 or 30 minutes.

Also - before I take a pill, I repeat to myself that this pill[staring at it] will take all of the extra pain that I am feeling right now. I think it gets the brain to add some of the david [pete] made endorphins to help reduce the pain level.

• Dear Pete,

Prayers are on their way.

I'm in a suffering mode myself today, so my thoughts are with you.

Hoping you'll start feeling better real soon.

• There's nothing worse then having a flare up last so long. Can you try some heat to your legs and back? Maybe you need some med review with your Dr. I hope you're feeling better soon. I know distraction helps a lot also and I try to play a game online or watch tv, pet the cat and try some deep breathing and me time. I haven't had any relief in pain since Feb. 2008 and understand how it feels when the pain is even worse. One day at a time Pete and I'll say a prayer that you feel better soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • charry, tammy, david...you guys have always been there for me. i'm feeling the good vibes. i like the idea of listening to your breath.
    i'm on the floor now trying to move. 1, 2 , 3, 4...keep sliding feet on the floor....
  • it sucks you having such a rough time, you always helping others an now we will all say prayers for you my friend O:)
  • Thinking of you, and hoping this passes quickly!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • So sorry to hear you're suffering even more than usual. You've got my prayers and healing thoughts. image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • So sorry you are having a rough time.
    Your in my thoughts and prayers.
    Take it easy!!!!
  • Pete is not finished and he shouldn't even think that, Gee pete I didn't know my missing your morning post would make you feel so bad, please get better, I have been on you all week about your activities, I wont miss your morning post tomorrow, You have always been there for us and we indeed will be there for you, try to take your mind off of things and think about something that you did in your life that was too funny, focus on that. Also we need you here we all cars about you and this problem will pass, we will be sure of that, if other members are reading my post to pete, please send him your prayers and your gaurdian angels, I think he needs them. Pete you just hang in there, you owe me a catfish dinner.You are not getting out of it that easy, I am very persistant, Pm me to take your mind off of things, we can write back and forth, just dont you give up. I think I can speak for most of us here when I say, we need you, you are a special person and hang tough. Plase take care and keep us posted . Your spiney pal Linda
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Pete I so hope and pray for you that your pain eases.I myself am having a bad day and I did not see your post until now, I hope you have had some improvement since your post and I will say a extra prayer for you. You have always been so kind to me when I am in distress and I wish I could take away your pain.
  • I am so sorry you are having rough rough day! You give us support and cheer for us so we are returning the favor brother! Keep your head up out of the mud friend, this too shall pass! I am sending an angel and a gentle hug! May God lift you up and give relief!

• I have to say, you have been on my mind all day. Are you feeling any better? I sure hope so, youv'e been through enough already. Let us know how you are, you obviously have many on this site who care about you.
  • dear shirley, paul, kelly, inchworm, linda, jlfrye. S=, and lisa....thanks for good thoughts. i managed to get moving a bit. first i had hot shower then i did a little stretching while laying on floor. the worst is now over....8 years ago a doc told me your lucky your not paralized so i guess im a lucky guy...i know one thing i'm lucky to have all you great spineys.... >:D< >:D<
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Has your pain diminished any? I hope so. You were so supportive and helpful to me just this morning and I'm sorry I didn't see your post until so late. You're in my prayers friend. Look forward to a better day tomorrow Pete. Do you know what caused your pain to spike?
    I hope you're doing better and that you have a good night.

• I'm glad to hear you are doing better than this morning. You really have a great attitude with dealing with the pain, keep it up and feel better!
  • Glad you're feeling better this evening.
    Did a cold front come through your way 2?
    We had one here, if you can call it that. Still got in the 90's here.
    But ever since it hit the other day I ache in places I never ached before.
    Hope you get some good rest tonite. I've been taking just benedryl with my meds to help me sleep the last couple of nites since that prescription sleepaid makes me feel like I have a hangover in the morning. There's a reason I haven't drank in years.
    Anyhoo... Take care buddy!
  • Glad you had a little relief, keep up the Good work, we all need you and we all want you better, you have been a dear friend to all of us and when you are in pain so are we. Get some rest and I will pm you in the morning, See Ya Linda
  • After posting my pm to you, got to looking around and read your posts. =(( I'm sending my prayers and O:) to you. Sounds like you have many caring spiney friends WOW! I'd say you got some advice about breathing slowly and distractions, I use those methods 2 and they do work. Hope your pain is better, maybe you need to kick back listen to music or watch TV, get your mind off pain, hope you get some rest tonight. >:D<
  • I haven't been here in awhile, ss. Pete hope you r feeling some relief today. My thoughts & prayers r with you. Your spine injuries & surgeries are far worse than mine & I can only imagine the pain you feel based on the bouts of pain I have. Have you considered a heated vibrating recliner? I don't know if it would help you but it helps my back & sciatica pain. Sometimes I stay in it for days & even sleep in it. Hang in there, you always have good advise for the rest of us & we appreciate your support & hope our prayers will see you through this. O:)
  • boy those eyes are sad...so sorry...we got to get our eyes wide open and smiling today...thanks for good wishes...im doing better. dont get down much but all you friends seem to get me back up quickly. its a bright sunny day today...yipi yipi....thanks to all....pete
  • Pete,
    It is a beautiful day here also. One benefit of my recovery is that I have slowed down and been able to smell the flowers --albeit only the tall ones :) This morning I spent time relishing the beauty of the sun coming up over the hill from my deck and have done so often lately. Granted, the fact that I am home, not at work, and up before the sun rises due to inability to sleep because of pain has given me the opportunity to do that, this experience has given me the opportunity to enjoy simple pleasures.

As I have gotten to know the personalities of the folks here on SH, I know there will always be an uplifting message when I see a post with your name on it. You are inspirational and positive and I hope you know how much you are appreciated here. I hope that you get relief soon and that your days are mostly sunny.
  • boy we share a few things...good views and pain....of course anybody can have a good view if they put their mind to it..... >:D<
  • -Its so tough so see so many great spineys in such horrible pain everyday! My prayer for you today is that your day is full of sunshine- goodness and light! May God lift you up when you are down and help you put one foot in front of the other!

Thank you Pete for being such a HUGE support on this site~

• So glad to hear you're doing better. You're such an upbeat person and a kind help to all that we hate to see you hurting so--just glad you were willing to share your pain with us so we could give you a few cyber-image(gently, of course!)

Hey....we're the lucky ones, to have you for a friend! image

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Sorry I missed the post earlier. I would have sent all the prayers and gentle hugs to try to make you feel better. I am glad you are doing a little better. Its tough when you feel that rough. You always have such a positive attitude and warm things to say to the rest of us. I hope that today finds you even better and that better days are ahead for you. Heres a gentle hug >:D< . Take Care My Friend!
  • Pete, I just found this and hope today is even better for you than yesterday. When you mention life is tough for you, I know you must be having a really bad time because you are always so positive and do over and above what most people in your situation would be capable of. Now that you gave yourself the pep talk, pulled back up off the ground, and got going again ....I wish you easier days ahead with much less pain! Pete, thanks for always being here for all your spiney friends, you keep us positive and smiling!

• I jusst got home from work a little bit ago, and logged on here to see how everyone is doing...I'm so sorry you are in such pain, but happy it is easing up a little. I will defenitly (sp) add you to my prayer list.

I see you are on line now, hopefully you are better.

gentle hugs
  • and you went into pain hell and thankfully out again. Did you have our permission to do that ???? LOL Anyhow, I am so very sorry to hear that you had such dreadful pain and I am thrilled that you are feeling a little better. I wish you well Pete.

I am actually dealing with some serious issues at this time not least of which is the fact that my only brother was very recently diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma or Bone Marrow Cancer to the uninitiated. I am leaving for the UK to spend some time with him while he is in reasonable shape. I will be taking my computer with me to keep in touch with my spiney friends and to make sure that you are ok too.

Take care Pete

John B