Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

the countdown begins. my bag is packed :)

mommatialuvmmommatialuv Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I will be arriving at the hospital in 12 hours, surgery begins in 14.
According to my doc I am having a 2 level TLIF with BMP, rods and screws, 4-5 hours in surgery. I have my back brace and will be discharged with an external bone stimulator. He thinks I will be in for 2-3 days and is expecting everything to go just fine (of course). I have been reading threads here now for a month so while I dont anticipate any problems, i wont be shocked if things dont go "text book". I know every one heals differently and at their own pace.
I want to thank you all for your stories, they have made me laugh and cry. I am more realistic and aware of what may lie ahead then i was a month ago, but again I have a great deal of faith in my surgeon, my hospital, my family and mostly God.
My only computer at home is on a desk, so hopefully by this time next week, i will feel up to an update.
Please keep me in your prayers....I'll talk to you all on the other side--Post OP. :)
advertisement

Comments

• So nice to meet you in chat!!! Best wishes to you and you are in my nightly spiney prayers!

Marianne
  • and I hope for a good outcome and speedy recovery. I will be having surgery on Friday, to take out hardware. So I will check on you when I get home the following week. We will both be fine! Your surgery will go well, and just be paitient because it is a ong recovery, but do what you are told, and I am sure you will do great!
  • I wish you all the luck in the world , we here at sh know you will do fine and we will be waiting to hear from you when you get to feeling up to posting it for us. We will all be praying for you as well, we send all of our gaurdian angels to whom ever is going to surgery, so you will be fine there will be more angels then dr.s there to take care of you. Be a good patient and do what they tell you, and when you get back let us know so we can check on you and be sure you are ok. I fyou need us we will be here, as you can see it doesn't matter what time of the day or night. Take care and remember we are here to support you.
  • I wish you a successful surgery and I will remember you in my prayers.

We will be anxious to hear how everything goes and we will be close by, to offer you continual comfort and support.

Take good care and always remember "baby steps" during your healing process,

Tammy
  • You will me in our thoughts and prayer tomorrow. YOu will do GREAT!!~

S~
  • I know for you that all of your Doctors, nurses, and caregivers nuture you and support you. I know that they listen to your needs and meet them. I know that your procedure is done with professionalism and perfection. I know that you recover with grace and ease and that the outcome is for your highest and best good. I am thinking of you, as are many others, seen and unseen.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • mommatialuv, I hope your surgery is also a success and you realize pain relief!

Take it easy afterwards, try not to overdo it and listen to those docs!

We're ready to read your success story in the future!
    Jay
  • Hi Mommatialuv :)))

Wishing you all the best for your surgery and looking forward to hearing how it went when you're able to come back here.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • & we hope all went well!
  • I know your surgery will go well and you will be in the good hands of your surgeon. I hope you also recover completely and get back to your normal life. We will think happy thoughts for you and keep you in our prayers. Everything will be okay. Take care sweetie >:D<
  • Good Luck tomorrow, Just remember to do what the doctor tells you to do. You will be fine.

God Bless
    Joyce
advertisement