Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

trip to dentist

shirleysshirley Posts: 201
today i had a check up at the dentist, took me ages to get up the stairs, sat in chair and told new dentist i have probs with my back and could she recline the chair very slowly and only a little a bit at a time, oh my god, she was very sensitive to my needs but i screamed out in pain as she reclined the chair.
put it straight up again, with more pain ah, gave me a cushion to put behind me. poor woman ending up standing to examine my teeth and said her back was killing her afterwards, luckily she said i needed no treatment.
she asked why i had bothered to come if i was in so much pain, here at my dentist you only get seen once every 12 months unless you have a prob with teeth, good old NHS in UK dictates if you don't keep app with your dentist you lose your place and have to travels miles to see a dentist.
i was a good girl an kept my app but im paying for it now, how do others cope being able to recline ?
so fed up with things i can't do, need to focus on things i can still do.
sorry for rambling (|:

• glad teeth in good shape...sorry you had to walk up stairs...i had to find new dentist because of walk up stairs. as for seat...i dont mind being reclined its the getting up that kills me. well youre set for a year....but dont use the sweets to kill the pain :-C
  • Oh so sorry..I can only imagine..
    About 1 year ago before my neck surgery I went to dentist.It was awful and had to leave before dentist was done.
    Then shortly before surgery I went to different dentist that I had seen for years, years ago..I explained my issues to them before my appointment.
    It was alot better and they adjusted my legs different and had warm wraps for behind neck.

Now today..even though my neck is main problem, my lower back is getting touchy and seems to of gotten worse since surgery (even my mid back is getting painful at times)
    MRI showed(taken in Jan 09)lower back has issues but nothing that needed surgery.. I sometimes wonder what it looks like now.
    I know I need to go back to dentist but cant imagine how long I will be able to lay there.

Holding mouth wide open causes pain in my neck just trying to do it now sitting here.

I'm glad you are good to go for another 12 months.
    Hugs to all.....Patsy
  • pete and ladybug, feeling a bit better today, hate the dentist just glad i didn't need treatment.