Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The 2 questions my family ask EVERYDAY

hope4leohhope4leo Posts: 200
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Will you buy me........????? and Whats for dinner???

So whats for dinner at your house tonight? Need new ideas- it seems like I am always fixing the same meals. I know this may be odd to ask in the pain forum but today my goal is to keep the focus OFF of my pain......lets talk food for a minute.

I love to read recipes so if you have any good ones- pass them along-

Thanks Spiney friends!~

• Every time the season changes (at least here in NJ)
    I go through the next phase of recipes. "What am I going to make?" happens at the end of each season, ha!
    I watch the food channel, get magazines and also rely on my old favorites: all kinds of soups, chili, chicken cacciatore, beans with polenta and cheese, homemade mac & cheese, lasagne/stuffed shells, etc. All of these can also be frozen so I usually make lots and freeze.
  • What types of things does your family enjoy? Casseroles, nothing "touching", vegetarian?? Can you stand to cook or do you need something fast and easy?
  • But on the weekends, I'll cook something that has rice and gravy. Roasts; chicken, steaks...

During the week, I'll get some chicken breast (boneless of course) and marinade them over night with some Margarita mix; the next day - depending on how I feel, I'll either grill them and make quesadillas, or grill them and add canadian bacon and swiss cheese with an au jous. If I do the latter, I just marinade in italian dressing.
    Sometimes, I'll bake it.

Gee... I had not taken out anything to defrost this morning before leaving for work... RATS!

THIS is an excellent topic!

• about throwing some chopped sirloin on the grill with baked potatos and salad - along with grilled pineapple drizzled in honey. YUMM!!!~
    A good healthy meal and a great dessert to finish it up!~

• Every since my surgery I've been all about the smoothies!

Just tried my first GREEN smoothie too:

1/2 c strawberries
    1 banana (frozen - but peel it first!)
    1/2 c mixed berries
    1 c. ice chips / mixed with some water
    a handful of Romaine lettuce (chopped)
    2-3 droppers-full Vanilla Cream Stevia (or other sweetener)

Blend well

Wow, had no idea it would taste so good!
  • Who'd a thunk it? hmm.

And, Leo - "A good healthy meal and a great dessert to finish it up!~"

Nothing like something sweet after a good meal! That's good stuff there. Yeah you right!