I had a fusion L3-5 in January followed by PT aqua and land since. I am being discharged from PT because I have not progressed. I have seen 2 neurologists that can't figure out what is wrong with me. I had a clean MRI in April. So basically I had this sugery, it looks like it went just fine but in all this time I have not gotten a bit better. My NS is just kinda shrugging his shoulders. I have lower back pain with severe pain in both my legs. I walk with a cane, sometimes a walker. I've asked for an EMG and noone will order it, they say it won't provide any valuable information. Does anyone have any advise????? I cry everyday (yes I see psych) I just can't take this. There has to be someone out there that can figure out what the heck is wrong with me. I guess I'm going to ask for a referral to pain management but I really don't want to give up there. And my hubby is ready to do anything, find a new NS, even go to John's Hopkins if we have to, but if the MRI is clean I just don't see the point.Anyone?
Mom to Tony 13, Gavin 9, and Donovan 7
1. L3-4 decompression laminectomy and foraminotomy
2. Left complete L3-4 discectomy with decompression of L4 root.
3. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion, L3-4 with 10-mm Capstone cage and autograph.
4. Posterior spinal fusion L3-L5 with iliac bone graph and BMP
5. Legacy instrumentation, L3 to L5