Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bone Stimulators

neverstoppersnneverstoppers Posts: 30
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everybody! I am a 19 year old male. and i am going in for my third spinal fusion in dec.
my first one was done, cause they needed to remove a cancerous tumor, and to do so they needed to take out that spot. so they had to do one.
my second one was because the first one broke.
and here i am now.
i was reading a lot on the internet about electromagnetic stimulator and how well they can work. i actually found a company that guarantees a stressful spinal fusion or your money back. it is called stim-spine. here is more info about them.http://www.bonestimulation.com/Spinal_Pages/SS-patientsupport.html

has anybody gone through them?

i really need some miracle like this. i can' have my spinal fusion have fusion and breaking.

the current fusion i have now is getting worse all the time. i don't know the technical term for it but its sticking more and more out of my back. so now actually they need to move it up a vertbra.(who knows maybe that will help?)
right now its a s1-l5. so they are going to move it up one to l4. still not a huge spinal fusion but still.

my doctors can not use the bmp because of the previous cancer dianosis.

i have also heard about low pulse ultra sound therapy has anybody had that done. i would really like to try that too. combined with this. i want to take no chances. i dont want to go through this again. and i hope this new advance in medical technology will help me. please say to me that this kind of device has worked for you. and its not a scam.

• Hi,I had a 2 level acdf on 3/6/09(c5-c7)after surgery doc gave me a spinal pak II fusion stimulatorfor 8 weeks worked well speeds up fusion.I am completely fused now.Good luck
  • Hi,I had a 2 level acdf on 3/6/09(c5-c7)after surgery doc gave me a spinal pak II fusion stimulatorfor 8 weeks worked well speeds up fusion.I am completely fused now.Good luck
  • I had 2 level fusion L4-S1 summer of 08. I used an external bone growth stimulator and by June 09 had enough bone to be dismissed by my surgeon. Wore it 4 hours a day (automatic shut off). Was awkward but it worked.
  • wow this sounds so wonderful. i can't believe my doctor had not prescribe this before in my other two surgeries. i really can't....
    so do you guys think the link i posted of the product will work great? is it the same type of product you have used. it usses PEMF
  • I had a 2 level ACDF (c5-7) on July 13th. I have the cervical version of the stimulator, and am hoping it works as well as they say. I had x-rays done a couple weeks after surgery, and the doc was pleased with how it looked, though he didn't specify if he could see new bone growth or not. Got my fingers crossed, though!

Have you discussed these things with your surgeon? I knew nothing about them until I received a notification in the mail that I would be given one after surgery. In the case of the cervical stim, they use it with patients they consider high risk for failure to fuse, ie smoker, multi-level fusion, or other factors.
  • At six weeks post op my doc pointed out that the bones were starting to knit.