Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This is REALLY hard for me, I need HELP

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Chronic Pain
For me this is the most horrible thing yet to happen, it not only scares me it is totally strips me of all dignity. I have been complaining for about severe hip pain when I wake in the mornings. Finally broke down and went to see my doctor. After the lecture of "WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG" (cause I am used to pain and thought it would go away), he sent me to have another MRI and warned me that I was facing more back surgery.

One of my concerns then and now is much worse is the incontence of both bowel and bladder functions. It is happening more and more often. I told him that it was happening now and then and at that time it was, now it is happening at least 3 to 5 times a week... What is wrong with me?

I can't see him until the 8th as he is out of country on mission work... all I know of the MRI results is an impingment and he added a Fentnayl Patch until I see him again.

What should I do until he comes back? I have heard that it is important to see a doctor ASAP, but I DO NOT TRUST any other doctors in this small town.

Any advice would be sooooo helpful. I am so scared to go anywhere afraid I will have another accident and am totally embarrassed that I have withdrawn from family and friends. This newest problem really upsets me more than the pain.

• i am sorry about your health problems and i am sorry that i carnt offer any advice ..only to say that i hear you are as i am also in terrible pain and facing more surgery and starting to have continence issue i do have some idea of how you are feeling ..as for doctors i also understand i can only get on with my doctor and when he is on leave i have problem getting pain killers etc .i just wish you well and hope that you find the strength to carry on .i know how hard intractable pain is to live with
  • I would go to E.R. Your nerve could possibly causing those organs to malfunction which it seems. That is not good and could possibly mean the nerve is the culprit.
    I'm not a dr but have always been told that not a good thing! And if it's affecting those organs then it could possibly affect another. I would personally go and get it looked at now, before it gets worse and cause more problems.
    Good luck and go!
  • Just my suggestions!

GO TO ER - that needs to be treated quickly.

The nerves are getting pinched and this is the cause of the other problems.

Surgery may be required, if you can handle travel- head to a larger city!
  • At least contact the surgeon's office to see if there's a fill in doc while he is out. This way your surgeon is prepared when he gets back if the other doc determines it can wait.

CES is not something to play around with. Last thing you want is a permanent condition to develop. It is best to get it evaluated and treated as soon as you can.

Don't just wait because you trust the doc. He would be upset if you did. It's easier to fix something that treatment has already been started on (for instance a steroid pack) then it is to do surgery after the fact.

Keep us posted.

• I am calling the dr's office now. Hope to hear something that can help.
  • I am so glad you are calling your doctor's office. Keep us posted when you can.
  • i have had some incontence problems for years.is a side effect after my L4,L5 fusion in 06.
    since my nerves are bad know and legs bladder is worse.
    my docs primary ,orth, pain mang doc all have said at anytime i loose control of either go to er. is very serious and cant wait.i am always asked that ? everytime i see any of docs. nurses always ask.
    please dont wait,cant never hurt to get checked out.
    i will have u in my thoughts dont be ever embaranced about incontense i was freaked when docs mentioned to me.
    i live everyday with it i dont go anywhere unless i know bathroom is very close.its so hard cause no one to talk to around me.pm me always here to chat.
    please keep me update.
    your in my prayers
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I just heard back from doc's office, they want me at ER , soon as hubby gets here I am going. I will update as soon as I can. Thanks to all of you.
  • Good !!! That is the best thing to do. Good luck and we'll be anxious to hear what happens.
  • Dear Achin,

Glad to hear you are going to the ER.

We will all be thinking of you, while you are away.

Best wishes to you,

• I have read your thread and boy do I understand your problem.
    The bowl and bladder problems are caused by low spine problems even a ruptured disc.
    So happy you are going to the ER.
    I have had a ruptured disc so I know the problems that causes. The first question the Doctor ask was about my bladder and bowels.
    I still have that problem sometimes and have to wear those protective undies if going out. Just in case.
    It is not a real problem anymore....just an occasional one but i need that added protection sometimes.
    Good luck and please keep us updated.
    Patsy W
  • Was going to tell you to get yourself to the ER because this is considered an emergency, but others already advised that and I'm glad you are going. Even if your trusted doctor can't be there to help, there are professionals who can and will help you get the treatment you need. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • To hear your going to E.R.
    I've had bladder problems,too and take detrol to help.
    Saying a prayer for you!
  • you are taking action. i remember 2 months ago you were having some of these problems. getting back with us here has given you motivation to take necessary steps...keep us posted and dont feel embarrassed. i went through it and many here did too. i'll bet this will be fixed.
  • Happy you're heading to ER -- take care of yourself at all costs. Keep us posted.

Sending you a >:D< ,

• I was told if I got any of these things happening to me - to go right to the ER as these are signs there are some serious nerve issues happening.

I am happy to hear you are going and will be praying for you :)
This discussion has been closed.