Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new here

Luis62LLuis62 Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in New Member Introductions
Luis here just want to say hi,i'll try to post about my
back later,but for now HI!

• and i hope that we can help you .please give us your problems so that my friends and i can can offer advice .you will find that we are a helpful lot here and we have hundreds of years combined knowledge ,if you cant find answer here then i doubt that you will find them anywhere!
  • well i had surgey back in 1991 on my L-4 L-5
    which went well until 2001, in 01 i had 3 epi.injection that work for me until last year .in Jan. of this year i went and had an MRI which showed l-4 had an bulge and it has shifted back, also l-5 is gone bone to bone. i had an epi.
    injection aug. the 18th which it has help some.went to he doctor follow up monday he said to just wait and see if the pain comes back then all he can do is surgery go in there and clean it up and do a fusion. i'm still working,but i'm careful how i do things. i have been reading all these stories he for about two weeks now i wish all of the best of luck! and god Bless
  • anyway i'm from Houston,tx. anyone else here from Houston tx. would like to meet up and talk about our back problems.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H thanks for stopping by. =D> tell us more when you get a chance!! :D good luck with your pain issues. :D Jenny :)by the way, my mom lives in Paris, Texas!!
  • Well, if you have to have surgery, at least you live in a part of the country that has a lot of good spine doctors. :)
  • As Straker says, you've come to a great place! What surgery did they do on L4/5 in 1991? From your description of your MRI, it sounds like you now have spondylolisthesis? I had this condition and after a lot of conservative therapy, I had to give into having a fusion (which I have researched on and seems to be the best option to treat this condition). Most of the other symptoms I had, spasms, etc., are now no longer a problem for me. I still have pain, but I think most of that is from my arthritis problems.

Best to you,

• back again i got the doctors report today and it say's....

that i have a retrolisthesis of L4 on L5 and collapse
    of the disc at L5-S1.
  • Luis,

I'm from San Antonio Texas. I just got out of the AF and was stationed here. Think I'll stay here. I just texted a friend of mine in Houston. She was talking to me about Buzzfest or something like that. Anyway. I hope you get the help you need here. And if not here you find the help you need wherever that may be. I feel you on the back pain bro!