Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New not sure I am techno savy enough, but willing to try..Need Guidance

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Hi new here, Belinda..I am not techno savy so I'll do my best..
I thought I was posting a new topic in forum, but ended up postinga comment on sadeyes..sorry!!!!
Have nerve issues L3-S1 joints, sacroilic issues, DJD, Herniated discs and Shingles in nerve root L-4-S1 (at least that is where it always shows up when I have an outbreak, severe sciatic issues (which I loved the video on it from this web site because I have that inner right knee pain and thight and hamstring pain and could not figure out why)..
I have had a total of 30 steriodal type injections from 3 different pain clincis..last in March 2009..Pain Doc told me since I lost my ins. nothing he can do for me..go back to my PCP..who is frustrated with me as she told me I have limitations and just need to find the "RIGHT" job for me..I have done PT since 2000..have had accupunture for a year (at a $100.00 per session), got massages 2 x's a wk, chriporatic adjusts..all helped but now I have barely enough $$ to feed my kid, I have had to move in with my elderly mother (who is just squeaking by on SS)Oh, I live in Mich where jobs are so plentiful(LOL)..Due to the economy all over there is limtied resources..as I have stood in many lines, filled out many forms, been denied many times, spent time in homeless shelter (just what my back needed (LOL))and the sprial of my life keeps getting faster and more & more out of control..I am waiting to hear from another possible health care plan I may qualify for..not sure if they'll cover pain mgt. or not..I have taken steps and been active in my pain mgt. by joining weight watchers, lost 15 lbs, swim when I have gas money, and a functioning car...I have tried to walk but always end up in more pain..have purchased way too many pair of speciality shoes & inserts..have yet to find one thta works..I used to be a body builder and now somedays I can barely walk..I live out in the country where there is no bus services..single mom with 1 child with Aspbergers Autism..I have been on soo many different type of meds (NSAIDs, tramadl, lyrica, nuerontin, prozac, cymbalta, etc..) got no relief..doc has had me on vicodian ES for past year & valium..(1 pill each a day, low dose) keeps pain at bay (5-7 pain scale) for a few hours..I am looking ofr hope and any solutions anyone might have..My new mantra to myself is that within my limitations ther are endless possibilities..I just can't see them..I wish I could find a Docotor who truly understands my chronic pain issues, and doesn't make me feel like I am just a drug seeker..that my pain is totally real..Does anyone in know of any doctors in the Lapeer/Flint Mich area that understand chronic pain and a person who is doing what she can to manage but it isnt cutting it..thanks..

• How old are you and have you applied for Medicaid or any other low income health benefits? Are you working? Glad you are here and get all the help and guidance you need. I also replied to your other post. Please read.
    Good luck sweetie and welcome to your new journey of not being ALONE!

• Thanks for the encouraging words..waiting for a disability hearing..lawyer said it can take up to 3 yrs now in Mi..was denied medicaid because I do not meet income req. & my daughter just turned 18..even though she is autistic & I am her legal guardin..I spent thurs. going from one agency to the next..i have an apt. with a free clinic but not sure if they can assist as my issues are more severs than what they handle..i hope a health care plan gets passed that is good sense soon.

Again, thanks for the encouraging words...Idon't get on much to this site as my home computer crashed..