Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi Everyone-

I had a myleogram the other day and was wondering if anyone encountered what I did during procedure. A little backgroud. I Have had 2 back surgeries (a Decompressive laminectomy ( 5 yrs ago) and a two level fusion (4 yrs ago). Early this year pain returned to my back and I had 3 epidurals, a spinal cord stimulator implant and a nerve ablation. My pain is now so bad I can hardly stand or walk and bearly get out of bed in the morning. Now my question. During the myleogram the Doc injected the dye just above my instramention and it would not travel to the bottom of spinal cord while I was on table. Eventually I had to get up bend over and walk around about 10 minutes and it finally worked it's down to where they could get pics of my whole spine. From what I've read all these years it seems to me there must be a significant stenosis in the area of my back just above the fusion..Anyone with related experiences with this type of issue would be greatly appreciated. I am going back to my surgeon next week to discuss results. Loritab 7.5/3.25 provides absolutely no relief (2 every 6 hrs)..What are the chances a higher dosage would help?...I'm getting tired of taking these pills because of the way I feel after taking them most of the summer. Any info would be great help to me when I go see my Doc, who is a great guy and surgeon. Thanks

• not any more though i live in MA and root for those patriots...
    i had many myelograms with no trouble. but last test gave me absolutely terrible pain just like you when they tried to get dye up into cervical spine.
    sorry i know nothing about loritabs....pete
  • What did they give you for pain with your fusion? I would think that you had stronger meds than lortab, but maybe not. I would let them know that the lortab are not working well enough and discuss your options for something that would work better. Good Luck
  • From how it was explained to me when I had a myleogram, is that what is commonly referred to as the Sacral Pump has a lot to do with the movement of CSF. I was allowed to watch the doc doing the injection of the dye on the monitor. I saw the pulsating of the thecal sac and that led off into a conversation about how CSF flows and is pumped around the brain and spinal cord.

I mention this, because as with everything else you will see on this site, there can be multiple causes for the same or similar symptom. The key is to wait until you talk to the doc about the results and the difficulty moving the dye. Don't start trying to second guess everything. You've waited this long for an answer, a few more days should be easy.

• Thanks for your responses. Yea I'm definitley waiting to talk with Doc..I was just curious if anyone else had this issue. I had stronger medicine Perc's 5 or 7.5 (can't remember) after my 2 surgeries. I am located in mid-west, and even though I usually can get pain meds (I always have to ask) the Drs in my area are either scared of re-prescribing pain meds (DEA Issues) or they think you're a druggie..It's a shame so few have ruined pain relief for so many. Thanks again for your replies..And Pete....You should have stuck with the black and gold
This discussion has been closed.