Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tailbone misaligned and being fused from l4 to s1

vivavegasvvivavegas Posts: 185
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Guys I was wondering about this, i have had a fusion from l4 to s1, it said on mri changes seen more on the right, i think it means as i have scoloisis that maybe they have straightened me more on the right?/ althought im not sure.....have been having problems since the surgery weakesss in the legs and stuff, it said on recent mri hypertrophy facet joint causing pressure on the thecal sac and left nerve, i got fused at you know the bones you can feel as you run your hands down your back....the surgeon fused me there with just bmp i have had no discs removed and no metalwork put in.

I was wondering as its sore when i sit but suddenly when i stretch up a little the lumbar pops in the right and the sitting pain goes a little......im wondering because of the fusion above the tailbone.could that perhaphs have pullled the tailbone up well tried to pull the tailbone up with the fusion.........am i making sense???? i also have s1 joint dysfunction, a slight scoloisis.....there might be a possibility im getrting this bmp stuff or bone as it is now out.....because its serving no purpose, on the right its tightening everything even tighter and on the left everything is tight too but i think the right side is alot tighter...does anyone know if they can straighten a tailbone.not fuse it or anything...........JUST STRAIGHTEN IT OUT...???

• i'm sorry to say i really dont understand the mechanics of whats happened or what can be done to ease your pain. theres so many things going on with your spine and sacrum. all i can say is that you are among friends who care. we all have pain and hope there is a solution for you...pete
  • Could the "changes on the right" mean that there is evidence of more fusion to the right of middle of your spine?

Sounds like you need more information from your doctor. Check out as much info on this sight to help get you prepared to discuss this with him/her. Having a grasp of the terminology definitely helps when you are trying to understand what is going on and what the plan is. Just a thought - check out spondylolisthesis.

Hope you get some relief and good information.