Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ok,insomniac buddies, time to wake up!!!

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:35 AM in Sleep Problems
good morning, :H i have to say it is 4 so i don't want to be to pushy!! :T listening to the radio for hours and typing away on the computor.. :W still awake.. :D i guess there is no sleeping pill on the computor! Darn it!! (|: anyone else having the same trouble? :O hugsss to all awake >:D< >:D< L, Jenny :)
advertisement

Comments

• hey jenny, its been along night and i am about to go lay down before the sun rises (|: (|: . hope all is well with you. i have to take my german shepherd for accu puncture this week. she had steriod shots in her spine area a couple of weeks ago, and they did not help her :''( . its really sad to watch her as she has lost feeling in her back legs, her hips are in good shape though. she falls down on her fanny and then just pulls herself around with her front legs :''( . when she walks its for a very short distance and sometimes spins around in a circle. hope you have a good day, got to go for now. kc
  • KC, oh, my boxer/pit is having terrible hip problems already and she is only alittle under 5 years. :''( if she overdoes it, she has to crawl around on the bed or the floor to get around. :''( we have to lift her onto the bed. ~X( by the next day she is feeling better but it just breaks my heart. =(( what else are you doing besides acupucture? :? we are giving her aspirin and glucosamine several times a day.. all the best to our four legged friends. >:D< you don't say how old yours is? :? Jenny :) p.s. do try and get some rest yourself!! :D
  • hi jenny, yes it is heart breaking :''( thing to watch. cai gets glucosamine in her dog food (nutro large dog senior), and she gets 4 cookies a day <:P that have glucosamine in it from nutro also, and she gets 4 pills a day of glucosamine (500mg each pill). we tried the pain pill for arthritus, can not remember the name, but they and the steriod shots in her spine did not have any help for her. about 18 months ago she was 115 pounds and she was not fat. since then i have slowly reduced the amount of food she eatsand now she is about 90 pounds. i did this to help her get a round alittle better. i think the less weight would of been real good if she did not progress downhill to where she is now with her legs. she still is a very happy dog but its sad to watch her go downhill. kc
  • almost 5 and i caught a few hours of sleep! =D> HURRAY!! <:P well, i mean sleep at night in the bed like all the other regular humans!! =)) so, is anyone up to play? thank you for all the info about Cai.. =D> i can tell we are both crazy about our four legged friends!! :X so,as i ponder sleep and animal friends listening to the Doors, now that is a dream! :D i am just a little wild on the keys tonight!!! =)) Hugsss to all my spiney non-sleepers!! >:D< i will see you tomorrow night i am sure!! Jenny :)
  • My Jazzy has problems with his hip usually in the evening, sometimes he gets 81mg aspirin and always gets daily glucosamine.

The last week has been pretty bad for me, tossing and turning, waking up and right back to sleep. This week is shaping up to be the same. :( My pain levels are high still, I even called in to work today. I'm not sure my meds are quite enough today, I have some options with my meds but if I take any more I won't be able to drive so I'm holding off. I still have to make a trip to the pharmacy!

Hugs for all my spiney friends >:D< >:D<
    Jay
  • Jay, i am sorry to hear you have been have some extra tough time with pain and sleeping this week.. :''( please try and relax, (|: you know how i favor the radio, and falling asleep!! I) would that it was so easy? :? please take care of yourself. don't try to work when you really can't. i am not there to pull you out of there!! LOL! take care of Mr. Jazzy. he counts on you. :D sleep well when you can. I) even day sleep can be good sleep :D it may be time to tweak your meds. :? the change may improve your sleep as well as lower your pain levels.. Jenny :)
  • I just recently saw my PM doc and he thinks my meds are still good, even though I seem to be new symptoms weekly or so. The latest neuro doc suggested Baclofen, maybe that's not a bad idea, I'll let him and my PM discuss that though. I'm still hurting tonight, I may not go in tomorrow too. A little extra meds again tonight and hopefully get back to "normal".

Looks like it's time to try and crash, doggies are all over me right now: c'mon daddy let's GO!
    lol
    Jay
  • usually we are like two trains in the night. but here we meet at the railroad junction...so what train shall we take....
  • hi pete!! :H i am up for a ride just about anywhere tonight.. :? i can imagine being all cozy in the bunk beds as the train moves slowly back and forth across the track.. (|: once in awhile a light reaches out and catches small pieces of my face as we float down the track... :D you are a poet and we can meet at the station anytime pete! =D> hugsss, >:D< Jenny :)
  • heres a romantic train storry...
    fellow is riding on train and finds his bunk has been taken. a young lady becomes aware of the fellows situation and offers the man the bunk over her. in the middle of the night the fellow awakens and is shivering from cold so he calls down to the young woman DOYOU HAVE A BIG BLANKET...the woman replies I HAVE A BETTER IDEA...LETS MAKE BELIEVE WE ARE MARRIED... the man smiles and agrees with the lady who quickly replies...GET YOUR OWN HGFK BLANKET... :))(
  • hehehehehe =)) sleep well pete! I) Hugssss, >:D< Jenny :)
  • I keep waiting for my train to get here but don't see it yet, thought about putting my ear to the track but I move so slow that if the train came I'd get ran over... LOL =))
    I can't seem to sleep tonight either.....
    Jeanette
  • well the train has passed by another night and has left me at the station again tonight.. ~X( no bags and no sleep!! :T I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping as well Jeanette.. don't put your ear to the track, we might lose you! =)) anyway, the night is long ahead, only 1:30AM.. the Stones are keeping me company tonight.. :D anyone up? :D hugssss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • 4:45AM!! ~X( anyone up? (|: been a long night! :D Jenny :)
  • I even went with out my afternoon nap hoping to get alittle bit more sleep but it didn't work, up at 3am like clock work...
    Looks like others are having a hard time sleeping too!!! Iam sorry for that,Jay sorry your having some extra pain right now... Why is it that it seems we go in spurts??? I can go several weeks and hurt really bad and then go for alittle while with tolerable pain. Do you guys think it has alot to do with the weather, maybe something we did or moved just wrong??? :? I don't know but wish it could be figured out... :?
    My birds are still sitting on 4 cute little eggs, if I figured it out right, if they hatch it should be around the 16th...I'll be anxiously awaiting... like a good little grandparent... =))
    Well, I hope you all can get some rest
    Hugs >:D<
    Jeanette
  • not quite 12 here yet!! :D Jeanette, so sorry you are not sleeping again tonight! ~X( you are worrying like a mother hen about those eggs! =)) they will hatch!! :D are we going to get any pics of the new babies? :D well, it must be the weather or the moon or something is going on.. i have a call out for the moon! sometimes when it is too bright i just can't sleep! =)) good luck to all of you sleepyheads and future grandparent! (|: the night is still young! :D L, Jenny :)
  • Yeah right, lol. I hate being up so darn early due to pain. Oh well, what are you gonna do? Still painting my LARGE kitchen, have 5 doors in there, lol. But I'm now on the fun part, no more prep, just painting. Barn red on trim, doors and beadboard, inside cabinets, and cream color for cabinets. Then to make some curtains....I'm having fun!

Best wishes to all spiney sleepyheads,

Marianne
  • Marianne, good morning! :H you are one go getter for sure!! =)) sounds like it will be absolutely adorable! :D wish i had the energy to take on such a project. my kitchen must be atleast 50 years old and could use a new paint job..atleast you are having fun!!! :))( take care and don't overdo! :D Jenny :)
  • It is 3am here and I have been up for about an hour now.... I wish this no sleep pattern would end! How about everyone else, are you sleeping any better.
    How are you doing Jay??? Is your pain getting any better?
    This weekend is the big rodeo weekend in our city and everyone goes, I haven't gone for a few years now due to my neck but I sure wish I could go, I used to love the rodeo, the smell, cheering and cowboys in tight wranglers, not that I looked... ;)
    Maybe that's why Iam up, reliving the good ole' days....
    How are you doing Jenny? Are your stomach problems any better????
    Jeanette
  • I was up this morning at 3 as well, ugghhhh! Went to try and sleep on my couch and my kitten decided to keep trying to sleep on top of me, every time I moved, he slipped off onto the floor, lol.

In our new town, they have fairgrounds where they used to hold horse races. Today they are going to have a fundraising horse harness racing event there. Can't wait to go. I hope I can last sitting there for 8 races.

Best wishes to you,

Marianne
  • Jeanette, i did not see you up there!!! :? sounds like you are indeed reliving the "old days" alittle bit!! :D weren't they fun? =)) oh, i know we have fun now and then, carefully and usually with regret!! ~X( but what the heck, i hope you make it to your rodeo. gosh, all we have here is movies!! have a good time if you go!!! rest when you get home!! I) L, Jenny :)
  • Marianne, one poor kitty with no sleep and you are wide awake too! (|: the fair grounds sounds like alot of fun.. =)) i love to go to the horse races but like you find sitting a big problem!! ~X( have alot of fun today!! try and catch a little "cat nap" before you go!! LOL! hugssss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • lol, still awake, yep... I'm trying to get to sleep (well, obviously not very hard at this very second :))( ) My cousin's fiancee's bridal shower is tomorrow, it's over an hour drive, but my mom is picking me up, thank goodness. I don't know what it is, but being in a car puts me right out, so I'm hoping to sneak in a little nap on the way, too!! lol.
    Just a question, when do you guys get your sleep in? I usually can't fall asleep til around 3 am, and am awake by 7, tossing and turning the whole time. What are your bed time rituals? For me, reading usually puts me out, but I can't read in bed comfortably anymore. I need "white noise" so always have the fan going, and I know it's supposed to be a huge no-no, but I do fall asleep to the tv. I need noise to sleep!!! lol. I used to work with a tank unit, and being out in the field, was awesome, the roar of the tanks coming and going all night, loved it, I've been told that I would turn over and have a little smile on my face, when they would roll in while I was sleeping, lol.
    Anyways, I must be getting tired, getting a little chatty, lol. Sweet dreams all!!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • smiley,,yep, still awake as well!! :H i can only go to sleep to the radio. =)) the usual times i sleep are about 5 to 8 in the morning and then an afternoon nap from about 1:30 TO 3.. I) all i need to do is rub my husband's hands and i can go right out. I) almost like i was hypnotized! I) so we nap together and that way i get some sleep and we get some time together.. :X no tanks this way though Kelly!! ~X( just the rock and roll on the old radio!! :D when does anyone else sleep? :? hugsss, >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • I usually do the no no and fall asleep with the tv on as well.. As far as when I sleep it is really scattered, it is when I can....I sleep for about 2-3 hours at a time when I do fall asleep, then I must get up and move or my neck stiffens up real bad. I also spend alot of time sleeping on the couch during the week so I don't keep my husband up because he has to work...I wish I could just go to bed and stay there but if I do it is really painful for me, I have had to be helped out of bed before if I sleep all night.
    Jenny, I never went to the rodeo, just don't think I could make it through and don't want to waste that much $$$ to try it.
    Jenny, how are your stomach problems doing, any better???
    Jeanette
  • I have been up for several hours now, took my second dose of sleeping med for the night, I hope they work this time... My neck is really bothering me tonight, don't know why... But, what do you do after you've taken all the meds allowed for the next 6 hours???Sleep would be ideal but it isn't happening tonight!!!
    Where are all of the usual wide awake people??? :W :W :W
    Jeanette
  • Jeanette, so you are still awake and still in pain.. :''( i got carried away with the mail!! ~X( it is the worse to run out of meds and still be in pain.. :''( and no sleep!!!! (|: hang in there girlfriend!! grab a kittie, turn on an old movie and stop watching the clock! LOL! i hope the sleep fairy visits you soon! I) L, Jenny :)
  • I actually slept from 1am to 5am, it felt really good except just alittle stiff when I woke up but that's okay because the sleep felt really good!!! How was everyone else's night???
    I don't see our usual crowd lately, everyone sleeping, too much pain to sit at the computer, or just too busy??? /:)
    Well I think about you guys and wonder how you all are doing so try to drop a note and let us know your okay because you are thought about!!!
    Jeanette
  • now i want to know where all my spiney friends are? :? asleep on the sofa? running amok on the beach? LOL! i do hope you all are not up from pain like Jeanette has been for the last couple of nights... :''( sorry about that! ~X( my tummy is sick tonight as well as the usual sciatica.. ~X( oh well, i would rather talk about the weather! LOL! get your sleep all! I) hugssss, >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hi everyone, I'm up for another fun day at work. . Funny, I was just telling one of my co-workers how slow the day goes when you're miserable all day. Holy cow, the days seem to get longer and longer. Last couple weeks have been pretty tough pain wise, I haven't been on the computer much. Jenny, the weather here has actually been pretty chilly the last couple days. Looking forward to Thursday, I go in for the MS protocol MRI's. Won't help with pain but it's another step forward.

Oh, I met Cath111 and her husband last week for dinner, we had a great evening! And some good food too! There were a couple other SH members we were hoping to have show up but they were unable to make it. Very nice to put a face with a name, we had a good time, we took a couple pictures I hope they came out, I'm sure she'll post them soon!

Have a good day all!
    Jay
advertisement