Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Pain months after ADR with Prestige Disc

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:35 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm 8 months post-op ADR with the Prestige on c5-c6. Every day I struggle with neck pain when I do little tasks like cook a meal, mop the floor, or even sit at my computer (which has an ergonomic setup). Once I have neck pain, it stays with me all day, even if I ice it, take Aleve, or a muscle relaxer. Once my neck pain kicks in, I start to have nerve pain (tingling) in my right hand. My physical therapist thinks this is because once the c-spine gets irritated, everything else in the area gets inflamed and puts pressure on the nerves.

My surgeon ordered a CT scan and said that I didn't have any surgical problems, and sent me to a pain management doctor, who seems good, but I'm obviously still struggling with pain.

I have a TENS unit, which will gives me a little relief, but I'm only supposed to use it 15 minutes a day. Physical therapy helps, but it's not something I can do every day.

Essentially, I'm physically fine as long as I don't get out of bed or the recliner -- which seems to defeat the purpose of the surgery. Yes, my massive nerve pain is gone, but this seems like a lousy tradeoff. I work a desk job and have been unable to go back to work because of the neck pain.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this type of neck pain with the Prestige? If so -- what did you do?

• Am wondering why you can only use TENS unit for such a short time a day! My p.t. said could use it for hours at a time. I am 3 mo. out from same surgery. still having neck, shoulder and upper back pain. I've been reading a little about trigger point injections, maybe this could help?
  • I'm 3 years into having the prestige disc. I'm better as far as doing more, such as being able to drive but have daily pain and headaches. When I look up, even going to the dentist causes me great pain and headache only at the base of my head. I'm desperate. Go to pain management, acupuncture and chiropractics, nothing helps. I lose at least 2 days a week from the pain. Just lost a whole week after having work done at the dentist, and they give me a cervical pillow. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Also get steroid injections but those don't last long for me
    Thanks again,