Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

a new sad song... beware....

Jim_LJJim_L Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Depression and Coping
as it's a wav file, it's pretty big at 38 megs.

A new tune I wrote the music for and my co-writing partner & lyricist Ron wrote the lyrics about his daughter.

It's not finished as it's just 2 acoustic guitars, bas and 6 tracks of 4 part harmony (well, that's my excuse anyways...;>)

It sounds good in my headphones but terrible on my cheap arse stereo system. I still need to put piano & strings on it. It's a C&W waltz or maybe a folky type song? I don't know.

I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as I should but the past few months haven't been good (it's getting COLD out!).

My wife and I went to Boothbay Maine a few weeks ago for 3 days and I overdid it with climbing over oceanside rocks and taking pics... I also discovered I don't like driving for hours either! Going to see my son Chris graduate from army boot in Georgia (we're driving down) in November is going to be - interesting...;>)

I also decided to try my hand at selling tunes on CD Baby, so when I get famous (doubtful) and go on tour (aha, very funny... not...), all of you are considered my peeps and get free backstage passes, shirts, stickers & autographs!
yeah... and I'll win the lottery too!
I can dream can't I?

• Glad to hear the tunage! sad but happy that your son is Finishing boot camp, I pray for him to have strength and compassion, i think he will have both coz look at his dad! have a goodern!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Don't kid yourself! His dad is an evil man...;>)
    He's gonna be better than that! More like his mom!
  • Thanks Jim, nice work!

I think we all act like kids when we get to the beach. After so long we want get back to our youth.

Cheers -David
  • I don't want to get back to my youth, i want it to come forward and join my erstwhile wisdom, or is it Angstwhile..?
  • LOL - I too wish to bring the good stuff forward. or back or soemthing like that.

I have told my sweetheart this too, We would have been dangerous, had we run together the first time we met.

• Georgia will be warmer!

Oh, to be young and know what we know now...

We'd probably still manage to screw up a few things though =))
  • Screwup - but 'intentionally'...;>)
  • I'm glad to hear you and your wife took some time away from home to enjoy the beach....even when we pay for it, it is worth the memory!

I'm glad you are going to the boot camp grad. It will be well worth it! You both will be so overwhelmed with pride and joy when you see your boy! I hope he's been doing okay! Remind him how much we all appreciate his hard work and sacrifice as he meets his goal to serve our country.

Hopefully, it will be warmer in Ga for you. When our son grad Navy boot camp at Great Lakes,IL it was Jan....freezing to death, gloomy weather and hard on pain levels but it was so worth it!

Good luck with your music and hope you get a chance to let your pain calm down before you take on another project!

• He was freaking out at first but by his 3rd letter, he was upset he didn't get a leadership position which went to the bigger guys...;>)

I wrote back saying it was probably because they can yell louder, it's all about the voice! I hope Georgia is warmer too! I just wish someone made a heating pad that can be used in a car...;>)
    It was a 3 hour drive to Boothbay and it'll be 2-3 days to Georgia...

But i've got a new Hi-Def/widescreen camcorder (note: HD video can only be played back on a BluRay player or Playstation 3) for the occassion (damn, i forgot how two sbell okashion!) which i used to great effect at Boothbay, lots of video of crashing waves I need to 'compile' to dvd and give away.

It's a Sony HDR-XR100 (80 gig hard drive) which also does SP/HQ and I can convert the HD to SP and the pics are 4 meg so it's all pretty good. I took a lot of pics (about 400) and video and never came close to filling the hard drive. Pics taken while driving fast came out nice, no blurring.

I also discovered the need for a good tripod!
  • Nice expression about it there. Would you be willing to entertain the thought of putting some music to some songs I have written? They are not sad songs, nor are they happy sappy ones either, lol. I sing and write but don't currently play the piano or guitar well enough to accompany. I would LOVE to send you a song or two and see what you think. If you would even consider it I would be so grateful!

One Love,

• oh, just finished reading yer PM...;>)
    That'll be $15,000.00 per tune and I retain 98% ownership and 110% royalties but I'll let you keep your name on the cd credits (in 4 point font size written in Klingon and backwards right at the cover spine crease.... just to be clear.... I DO want to be fair after all...;>)

BWAAAHAHAhA*cough*HAHAHA*cackle*HAHAHA*snif*HAHAHAHAHAHAHA*wetfart*HAHA, um,.. har-har ye scurvy dogs!!!!
    I am soo evil today!