Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just out of hospital AGAIN!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
This was the 3rd time in a month I'd been admitted for torturous nerve pain in my back plus a little leg pain.(very little to no spasms) Does anyone else end up with pain like this 5 months after a microdiscectomy? Is this normal? What could ba causing this?

• You had to go again? I'm sorry to hear that it happened again.

Did they check for infection? Do you have hardware that might be the problem? Have you talked to your surgeon?

I really hope you find someone who can help you find a solution to this. It's horrible having to go to the hospital every couple of weeks.

I'm sending you a gentle cyber hug.
  • Have they done Cat scans, MRI's, Discogram?

I'm no dr. but sounds suspiciously like a disc herniation - it a can happen.
  • my appointment is at the end of otobet which feels so far away with the way things are.My biggest fear is that I wait months for my mri (tends to be the way of thingson the nhs)then they see nothing and I get told nothing can be done.Before I went into hospital this time I woke at 3.30am and took 3x oxynorm, 10mg diazipam,paractamol,diclofenac suppository, after going to bed having taken 30mg oxycontin,10mg oxynorm and 30mg amitryptaline at 9pm!
    Before I had my op the surgeon said I had bone changes below s1 and didnt know if it would help.I'm scared that this is whats giving me the pain and nothing can be done for it.My surgeon wont go into detail about anything because he thinks people hang on to information too much and dwell on it.I'd rather have as much info as possible personally.