Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just back from ER

MaggiePMMaggieP Posts: 349
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
It must be the moon phase or something! I have a 24" high gate to keep my furkid in my bathroom area. On Wed night I got up to use the bathroom, and in my drug induced haze =)) fell over it, hitting my hip. Today it hurt a lot, and by the time I got home from work tonight couldn't raise my right leg high enough to step up on the curb. I had to stand on the sock on my right foot, then step back, to get my socks off. After looking for info here, at Mayo Clinic website, and calling the Decision Power person from my health insurance, I ended up in the ER. After X-rays, and 5 hrs, it's not a broken hip or pelvis :D 3days off work, ice & rest., Oh well, could have been worse.

Have a blessed, pain-free day.

• :H Whew! Take care of yourself and get some rest. Sounds like something that I would do (LOL!) :))( So glad the angels were with you and nothing is broken.

I have to be really careful walking around my house because my little dog is always under feet. Many times I've had to catch myself from falling over her.

Anway, ice away today, take your drugs and watch some mindless tv.

Take care,

• take care last thing you need is more surgery!
  • The best laid plans of mice and (wo)men oft go astray. And so do dr's orders! There was no one to replace me on my route today, so got to drive 8 hrs, hopping in and out of car at dr's offices and hospitals to pick up specimens, on 5 hrs sleep. Thank goodness for Rockstar! It took 2 of them 120mg of caffiene, to get me thru the night. By the time I got back, my hip and leg are hurting just as bad as last night. I just slapped on a lidocaine patch, hope that helps. ER doc said if not better in 3-4 days, may need a MRI to see if I tore ligaments or something. Doesn't that sound like fun! ~X( I need 4 years and 8 months until I am old enough for SS. Don't know if I'll live that long :''( Oh well, at least I have next 4 days off. Have to see what rest will do.

Hope you both are feeling okay tonight.

>:D< Maggie
  • First of all, I need to know what is a furkid, lol? I hope your 4 days off and rest will cure your injury.

Best wishes to you,

• You have a furkid. He's shown laying on the back of your couch!! In my case my furkid is a 3 1/2lb Chihuahua. She's the only baby I have at home anymore. Shes great company We all know our pets are humans in furry coats, right :D

This discussion has been closed.