Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sad and jealous

shirleysshirley Posts: 201
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Matters of the Heart
went doc today been signed off for another 3 months, had to go see my boss, he told me he will write to my doc and he will be ending my work contract in dec, i feel so sad, my boss also told me he has offered one of my best friends a job, MY JOB, she is great but it still felt like a knife cutting another chunk out of my heart, my life.
thats my job and im gonna lose it because my stupid body is too tired and painful.
i feel like crying, im very pleased for my friend she is a great person and brilliant at her job, but right now i really dont feel happy about it, i know it sounds selfish but i havent had time to come to terms with losing my job and seeing her taking over from me.
how do i deal with these feelings ? ? ?
i have asked to meet her next week, i want her to know i am glad for her but im grieving i guess for me, i had hoped one day to be working along side her again :''(

• It sounds like you are having totally NORMAL feelings about the situation. I'm sorry for the loss of your job. For many of us it is such a huge part of who we are. However, your body needs something different and you will have the chance to do that.When I left my job to be a stay-at-home-mom my dear friend took my spot, and still has it 8 years later. While I left for a good reason I also knew I would never be able to get my old job back (how could I do that to my friend?)
    Anyway, I'm digressing....
    You said it perfectly: "I'm glad for her, but grieving for me". It will get better, it just takes time.
  • Im so sorry, but our bodies always tell us when we cant do it anymore. Mine did to I tried to work for 2 years after my surgery and i used a lot of sick days. I finally gave in this year and decided i couldnt do it I thought by putting in for medical leave it would help them being that they can hire someone else just if i go back(which i wont) but if i do then they would place me in another building comparable to the position i had. this didnt sit to well with them and I gave them 2 weeks before they needed me to return so they would have time to advertise and interview. So far they have asked for my resignation twice and once was in a letter with big black bold capital letters. A position i held for over 5 years got certificate for good performance and 5 years.

I feel bad for you but there will be something come up in the future. Things seem to work themselves out when left up to the man above. I know thats easy to say but when you have to go through it we always wonder why me. I hope you are okay now. Best of Luck
  • Grieve away, I did too. It's such a double whammy to deal with a chronic illness and lose your job (your tie to the outside world). I'm sure your friend feels just as conflicted as you do about how the situation turned out. But, at least it's someone you like and admire.

You're in the hallway with me now -- waiting for God to open another door. Please know that you are of value just as you are -- as the human being God graced on this earth.

>:D< >:D< >:D< to you and may the O:) O:) O:) watch over you during this sad time and lift your spirits.

Take care,